Ok I'll bite. What's your favorite Greg kasavin review?

• 71 results
#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Mine would absolutely be his review of Arcanum. Basically, that's the one that totally made me understand his review philosophies.

"If you're serious about role-playing games, Arcanum is well worth the investment of time, money, and effort"

Yes, absolutely. What that sentence says is ... hey, are you one of those dnd nerds? If you are, this game is a 10, otherwise... beware. Arcanum turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. In fact... lemme go see if I can fill some stuff in on that page. :)

#2 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

ninja gaiden

#3 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Morrowind for sure

#4 Posted by De5 (98 posts) -

Metroid Prime.

#5 Edited by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

I liked all of his reviews, maybe morrowind the most

#6 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

Ninja Gaidan

#7 Posted by Jensonb (1750 posts) -

Not sure about text reviews, they were all great. I loved the Video Review of Red Steel

#8 Posted by Geldart (15 posts) -

The Red Steel review is great. You have to remember the context - Red Steel was supposed to be the game that showed off how the Wii remote could take first person to the next level, and instead it sucked. Greg's dead-pan dissection is just what was needed to make sure I never bought this title!

Oh yeah, and the last 3 seconds are... unique.

#9 Posted by RWHC (41 posts) -

Oh man. Kasavin was the main reason why I got so into games because he inspired me to actually carefully consider what I played and think about what was going on in my games.  I definitely looked into whatever he recommended because it was a safe bet that it was worth my time and money.

My favorite Greg Kasavin review?

Chess

#10 Posted by Rearmed (47 posts) -

For me its probably Final Fantasy X but wow is a god contender there as well.

#11 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Nice, I remember the april fools chess review!

#12 Edited by Happy_Cloud (190 posts) -

The Lumines video review, if only because he changed the size of the screen with his hands. Amazing man. What couldn't he do?

#13 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

I would like to say PDZ because it was so inaccurate.

#14 Posted by NickM (1071 posts) -

I liked the Ninja Gaiden Black review... oh wait, that was Jeff in disguise PAM PAM PAM!!!!

#15 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

all of them

#16 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Scorched said:
"all of them
"
Agreed, he was the one guy I always agreed with.
#17 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

All of them

#18 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

I miss Greg. ;(

#19 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

I can't pinpoint one. He is my favorite reviewer thus far. Greg's reviews never seem biased, they are usually spot on, and he delivers them ingeniously. All of his reviews were great.

#20 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

Call of Duty where he busted out the Russian

Either that or Ninja Gaiden when he came out with a ninja mask

#21 Edited by BranDong (238 posts) -

All of them .. but Advance Wars for the GBA sticks out in my mind for some reason

#22 Posted by Hellbizzle (11 posts) -

I especially liked the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion review of his, it made me want to buy the game, which i did shortly after

watching his review, i still have the video on my PC i believe.
#23 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I liked the oblivion review he did also, and the live gameplay session he had when the game came out? that was awesome. Wasn't it on that session the fire alarm went on?

#24 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Greg is the fucking man. I loved his Condemned:Criminal Origins review a ton,and don't forget all his live gameplay marathons he would put on for people. The shit he would say while playing was usually pretty hilarious as well.

#25 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

Manhunt or Killer 7

#26 Posted by Bettenfutter (31 posts) -

Loved that chess review!

There are so many Kasavin greats.  The advance wars games were great as were his KOTOR reviews.  The one that sticks in my mind the most is his review of Ace Combat 5.  It was the first video review I ever saw on the internet.  I had just discovered gamespot, and i was frankly amazed that there was a website like this that actually reviewed games via video.....awesome!  (I know was very late to the party!)  Because of this introduction, Greg was always Mr Gamespot to me.  I miss him too........sob!  I'm watching it again now, ah the memories!!!

#27 Posted by Shade (120 posts) -

His oblivion review was incredibly in depth and solid, it's one of my favorites. I really like all of his reviews as I usually agreed with him. It's a real shame that we don't hear much from him these days.

#28 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1497 posts) -

I think his Disgaea: Hour of Darkness review hit every single nail right on the head.

#29 Posted by Evilross (216 posts) -

Greg K was a fantastic reveiwer. My personal most trusted in his reviewing days.  I'm glad to hear he's enjoying his new line of work so much.

I enjoyed his review of Icewind Dale II . Very informative, and assured me that it was done right, and would be a game I would enjoy for a long time. And he was right, it was.

#30 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Battlefield 1942.

#31 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Battlefield 1942.

#32 Posted by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

The 12 hour Oblivion marathon

#33 Edited by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk not sure off top of Hulk head.   But one that come to mind at moment is Oblivion.  Or maybe Baldur's Gate 2.

#34 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

I'd say Metriod Prime cause it was the first video review I saw on gamespot and the first time I saw Greg. Though I initially didn't think much of him I came to respect him greatly. Still, hearing all these guys talking about their favourite reviews brings back so many good memories. ^^

#35 Posted by BigDo6 (166 posts) -

The WoW video review.

#36 Posted by TurboMan (7545 posts) -

I wish Greg would come to Giant Bomb

him and Rich, then the site would be perfect.....

#37 Posted by mussbus999 (321 posts) -

Oblivion, so in depth, it's amazing

#38 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
#39 Posted by DrLove (357 posts) -

easy answer .. all of them

#40 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

I'm going to say Halo 2. I don't know why, but that review was so well written and engaging (especially considering it was like what, five pages?).

#41 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Red Steel.

#42 Posted by classic (8 posts) -

Greg was a very inteligent reviewer and I wish he joined giantbomb

#43 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

My favourite review was morrowind. favourite moment was the oblivion marathon. Greg K was awesome!

#44 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -
Riddler said:
"ninja gaiden"
Yup, that one is sooo good.
#45 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

His Oblivion review, that had me respecting him as a GOD.

#46 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

Greg Kasavin was and still is my favourite reviewer of all time.
His writing and the way in which he delivered his opinion were of the highest quality.
He was also a great speaker, and knew his stuff.

Oh boy, favourite review? I can't choose a specific one, but here are my favourites:
- Ninja Gaiden
- Final Fantasy X
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (1 hour of Greg!)
- Devil May Cry 3
- Metroid Prime
- Halo 2
- World of Warcraft

#47 Edited by Ideas (6 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I don't think I had ever before agreed more with a review (except maybe some of Bob Colyco's reviews).

#48 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Oblivion. And I want to add the Oblivion gameplay marathon to that aswell.

#49 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

Nearly all of his reviews are extremely well written and accurate. The only two I disagree with are MGS3 (too low) and PDZ (far too high).

#50 Posted by Stange (18 posts) -

His World of Warcraft review always stuck with me. When he said  "it makes you glad that you are someone who plays games and feel sorry for people who don't" i felt that he was dead on. When that game first came out it was just a wonderfully epic experience, truly something else.

Also yeah, his Ninja Gaiden Review.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.