So what's the story with Serious Sam?

#1 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

Why is Serious Sam: Second Encounter listed as one of Greg's games? Is it a mistake, or did he really help with the development of that game?

#2 Posted by Doogie2K (216 posts) -

His role is listed as "Thanks."  Does that mean he was thanked in the credits?  Did he do beta testing?  Weird.

#3 Posted by GregK (34 posts) -

I was listed in the special thanks, along with like a bazillion other people. I was pretty surprised to see that, though since GameSpot gave Serious Sam: The First Encounter its PC Game of the Year award in 2001, and I wrote the review, that's probably why. I had no direct contact with the Croteam guys apart from some some thank-you emails around the time of the award, and had nothing to do with the development of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. I loved the game, though.

Also, while I'm setting the record straight, the description of me on this page, while flattering, is inaccurate; I tried to change it but my changes got stomped for some reason. I joined EA LA as an associate producer, and my current title is producer. After Command & Conquer 3 shipped, I worked on post-release support (i.e. content patches) for a number of months before starting work on Red Alert 3, which is currently in the later stages of development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.