Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GRID 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 27, 2013

The sequel to the original "reboot" of the TOCA Race Driver series, GRID (known as Racedriver: GRID outside of the US). It uses the same EGO 3.0 Engine which was used in Dirt 3 and employs a brand new system called "TrueFeel" which provides a balance between accessibility and realism.

30 minutes of pre-release gameplay

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

It looks like they've gone back to doing the Dirt 2 style of menus. Of course the rewind feature is still around but cockpit view is not.

Really excited for this to come out so there can finally be some games to play.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really excited for this.

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No cockpit view? What the eff?

TheCrimsonKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheCrimsonKing

@washingmachine: Apparently Codemasters did some analytics on their products and saw that cockpit view was only being used 1-2% of the time (or by 1-2% of players, can't remember which) and decided to not make cockpits for this game.

I would consider their conclusion to be flawed though, considering how many people have voiced their disappointment at the lack of cockpits. Personally I never used cockpits in past Codemasters games because I never found them to be all that well done, while I do use them in other games that do cockpits better.

It certainly isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it is disappointing that they chose to do away with them rather than bring them up to par with other racing games.

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@washingmachine: Apparently Codemasters did some analytics on their products and saw that cockpit view was only being used 1-2% of the time (or by 1-2% of players, can't remember which) and decided to not make cockpits for this game.

I would consider their conclusion to be flawed though, considering how many people have voiced their disappointment at the lack of cockpits. Personally I never used cockpits in past Codemasters games because I never found them to be all that well done, while I do use them in other games that do cockpits better.

It certainly isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it is disappointing that they chose to do away with them rather than bring them up to par with other racing games.

That's surprising to me. I've driven exclusively in cockpit view since PGR3 I suppose..

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@thecrimsonking said:

That's surprising to me. I've driven exclusively in cockpit view since PGR3 I suppose..

On the flipside I have played a-many driving games and have never used cockpit view. Bumper cam, maybe, but never cockpit view. Maybe with VR glasses it would be neat if I could turn my head around and get more situational awareness but as is you end up with over 60% of your viewable screen being obstructed by a useless cockpit. I can imagine not having to realistically render dozens of cockpits saved them a lot of time that they invested in other areas of the game.

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By washingmachine

@humanity said:

@washingmachine said:
    @thecrimsonking said:

On the flipside I have played a-many driving games and have never used cockpit view. Bumper cam, maybe, but never cockpit view. Maybe with VR glasses it would be neat if I could turn my head around and get more situational awareness but as is you end up with over 60% of your viewable screen being obstructed by a useless cockpit. I can imagine not having to realistically render dozens of cockpits saved them a lot of time that they invested in other areas of the game.

For whatever reason I always played better in cockpit despite that obstruction. I can't even really say why, it just better enables me I find..

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Bollard

I remember there being a massive thread about the cockpit view 9 months ago. If it bothers you too, buy a real racing game:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.