Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gridrunner Revolution

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 25, 2009

Gridrunner Revolution is a significant update to Llamasoft's Centipede-inspired original.

Llamasoft Returns in April with Gridrunner Sequel

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    If anything, the title of this game needs MORE plus signs in it, not less. How about calling it GR+DRUNNER+++++?
    If anything, the title of this game needs MORE plus signs in it, not less. How about calling it GR+DRUNNER+++++?
    Last time we heard about Gridrunner+++, Jeff Minter and his fellow Llamasofties claimed they had sent the game into Microsoft months ago, but hadn't heard back. Today, the developer posted up some information about the game's release.

It comes at the end of a lengthy article about PC Gamer UK's review of Space Giraffe for the PC, which served the purpose of making me remember that I haven't picked up and reviewed the PC version of Space Giraffe yet.

Minter went on in the post to talk about the Neon music visualizer engine that lies behind Space Giraffe's gameplay, and about how it will make another appearance in the XBLA version of Space Invaders Extreme. That's something I find quite exciting, as well.

But here's the bit about the upcoming Gridrunner sequel:

This library will be extended further and deployed to maximum effect in our upcoming release “Gridrunner+++” (working title; the final title will likely involve less plusses). This game has already been mentioned in EDGE Magazine’s “Most Wanted” section, and is a fast-paced extrapolation of the oldschool single-screen shooter, brought brilliantly into the 21st century with beautiful abstract visuals and intense, challenging but fair gameplay accessible on a variety of levels from novice to twitch-shooter expert.

Gridrunner+++ will be released at the end of April.

[UPDATE] Llamasoft has since clarified that the PC version of Gridrunner will be released at the end of April.

I enjoy Llamasoft's brand of sheep-filled psychedelic madness, so I'm also keenly interested in seeing how this update of Gridrunner turns out. Sounds like we won't have to wait too much longer before we can see it for ourselves. I wonder if J Allard will find his way into this one, too... calling a level "The Eyes of Aaron Greenberg" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but I guess that'd work, too.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    Last time we heard about Gridrunner+++, Jeff Minter and his fellow Llamasofties claimed they had sent the game into Microsoft months ago, but hadn't heard back. Today, the developer posted up some information about the game's release.

It comes at the end of a lengthy article about PC Gamer UK's review of Space Giraffe for the PC, which served the purpose of making me remember that I haven't picked up and reviewed the PC version of Space Giraffe yet.

Minter went on in the post to talk about the Neon music visualizer engine that lies behind Space Giraffe's gameplay, and about how it will make another appearance in the XBLA version of Space Invaders Extreme. That's something I find quite exciting, as well.

But here's the bit about the upcoming Gridrunner sequel:

This library will be extended further and deployed to maximum effect in our upcoming release “Gridrunner+++” (working title; the final title will likely involve less plusses). This game has already been mentioned in EDGE Magazine’s “Most Wanted” section, and is a fast-paced extrapolation of the oldschool single-screen shooter, brought brilliantly into the 21st century with beautiful abstract visuals and intense, challenging but fair gameplay accessible on a variety of levels from novice to twitch-shooter expert.

Gridrunner+++ will be released at the end of April.

[UPDATE] Llamasoft has since clarified that the PC version of Gridrunner will be released at the end of April.

I enjoy Llamasoft's brand of sheep-filled psychedelic madness, so I'm also keenly interested in seeing how this update of Gridrunner turns out. Sounds like we won't have to wait too much longer before we can see it for ourselves. I wonder if J Allard will find his way into this one, too... calling a level "The Eyes of Aaron Greenberg" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but I guess that'd work, too.
    r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

Hmmm... Looks like another acid trip game to me...

Count me in!!
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By DJ_Lae

I'm in.

Maybe this one will have an Eyes of Gerstmann level.

Rlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rlan

No No No Jeff!!

http://stinkygoat.livejournal.com/156894.html

"More specifically we should have said :

Gridrunner+++ will be released at the end of April *PC RELEASE*.

That's more correct :)"

PC is confirmed, XBLA is still not!!!

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By wrecks

++++GRID+++RUN+++NER++++ cool. i still trip on Giraffe.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By kraznor

I really liked Space Giraffe but I'm really bad at it. Hopefully this is somewhat easier.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Looks interesting.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I WANT LLAMATRON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

Llamasoft.....aren't they the people who made WinAmp?

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Shabs

I don't think I get Jeff Minter's visual style.  I'm all about seeing developers express their own style, so I wanted to like Space Giraffe, but I really didn't understand what was going on.  I find the weird blurry visuals very grating.

digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By digital_sin

Not alot of comments on this one; I think that's indicative of how many people care about a Gridrunner sequel.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

aaaah my eyes

Kornicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kornicos
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I WANT LLAMATRON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.