Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grim Fandango

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 28, 1998

A LucasArts adventure game that follows skeletal travel agent Manny Calavera's four-year journey across the Land of the Dead in a film-noir-inspired tale of love, betrayal and corruption.

A Graphical Error. Please Help!

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#1  Edited By psykhophear

After browsing through my gaming library, I've decided to play my all time favourite video game on my PC. I've just installed Grim Fandango in my laptop and this happens:

No Caption Provided

I have installed the patch, right-clicked the icon and set the compatibility to Windows 95/ 98, turned on 3D Hardware Acceleration (In Main Menu's Option) and even updated my Graphic Card but still nothing works.

My specs:
    Sony VAIO
    Windows XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    CD/DVD Drive
    Hard Disc 160GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
    3GB RAM

It worked fine the last time (I think both on my old and this current computers) so I'd appreciate a helping hand here. :D

Psykhophear
    Ryman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ryman

3D Acceleration support for regular Grim Fandango is iffy at best, you might have to run it in software mode.

If you absolutely must have 3D Acceleration though, you could try ResidualVM http://www.residualvm.org/

Just be prepared for potential crashes & glitches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.