How can I play this game today without spending a lot of money?

#1 Posted by wumbo3000 (904 posts) -

If I look on Amazon or Ebay, this game is going for crazy expensive.  I was wondering if there is another avenue for me to play this great game.  I've wanted to play this for so many years now.  Damn I wish this was on Steam!

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Really? I would have expected you could get it for like $5.

#3 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
Really? I would have expected you could get it for like $5.
Google Shopping has it starting at $150!  

I'm not going to tell you to steal it but perhaps you could "sample" it for purely academic reasons...purely academic, that is.
#4 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Hate to say it, but you may as well get it from a torrent site at this point.

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

Oh, wow. Really? I still have the original CD. I guess it's another rare collectible game I have now. That's crazy.

Sorry, I just get shocked when games I own are apparently crazy expensive now.

#6 Posted by neoepoch (1290 posts) -

@CornBREDX said:

Oh, wow. Really? I still have the original CD. I guess it's another rare collectible game I have now. That's crazy.

Sorry, I just get shocked when games I own are apparently crazy expensive now.

Same, granted I bought an Australian version (still works quite well on my PC), I'm shocked that this game's price went up 10 times since I bought it four years ago.

#7 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -

$20 used on Amazon. Not absurd.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.