The Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes wiki last edited by Adolf_Hippie on 06/07/15 07:31AM
View full history
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes is a blend between the JRPG genre and the more western action-oriented party-based RPG's. uses this mix of gameplay elements against the thematic backdrop of a humorous fantasy world. The game is generally slow paced and uses a turn-based approach to fighting and solving puzzles. The dialogue is often comedic in nature and refers to other games fantasy RPGs such as Oblivion and the Final Fantasy series.
The story starts when protagonist, Blake, fails miserably at the military academy and aims to end his life by throwing himself before dangerous mushrooms. Just before he can do so the famous Holy Avatar recruits him into his army. The so-called cult of "The Dark Church" which has annihilated almost all of the kingdom's heroes has to be defeated, and the player must assemble a team of up to 10 heroes, including characters like the arrogant Holy Avatar and the blood-thirsty Solithair.
The main character, a black wearing swordsman who was going to commit suicide in the beginning of the game for failing to kill a mushroom. He was stopped by the Holy Avatar, and soon after they band together to rescue Mandy, the first maiden.
The second party member, the holy avatar speaks to himself in third person and is adored by by the maidens and many other women he meets. Holy Avatar refers to himself as "his semidivine humble self". His real name is unknown.
Mandy, Candy, and Sandy are the three maidens whom you find in Grotesque Tactics.
Angelina is an angel who was sent to earth for reasons unknown. She does not like getting her dress wet.
A rogue goblin who joins the group.
A black 'Vietnamica' veteran and a master of axes.
Her weapon is the fan.
- The game was programmed by the lead developer of the Gothic 1-3 series.
- There are green 1-up mushrooms such as those found in Mario games scattered hidden throughout the world of Grotesque. Getting all of these gives you an achievement.
- In chess, a Grotesque is a problem or endgame study which features a particularly unlikely initial position, especially one in which White fights with a very small force against a much larger black army. Grotesques are generally intended to be humorous.
- OS: Windows® XP / Vista™ / Windows® 7
- Processor: 2.0 GHz CPU
- Memory: 1GB
- Graphics: Direct X 9.0c compatible with shader model 2.0 (nVidia GeForce 5/FX/ATI Radeon 9500 Series/ATI X700 or better)
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 700MB
- Sound: Sound card with DirectX 9.0c support