Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guacamelee!

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 09, 2013

Guacamelee! is a side-scrolling Metroidvania style game featuring a luchador on a quest through dual worlds to save El Presidente's daughter.

Got the item in the Treetops. Holy Crap that was hard.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

So, I just got the Luchador Mask piece in the Tule Tree/Tree Tops area.

I made it through the proceeding areas after only about 2 tries, but once I got to the blades part, I failed so much I had to turn on my 2nd controller to bring in Tostada incase I ran out of health, because I sure as hell wasn't starting over.

I don't think this area would have been that bad, if it hadn't been for the fact that holding triangle makes it hard to hit the plane shift button (R2).

Is it just me? Did anyone else run into issues there?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By GunstarRed

I got it eventually. It wasn't that it was hard, it was that it required a ton of trial and error instead of skillful platforming. I'm having far more trouble trying to get the piece with the shifting platforms.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Tree Tops was a bitch. I had a hard time with the blades, but luckily you can hang out on the walls until ready for the next jump, the timing on the plane switch is tricky at first though. Phew!

@gunstarred: The disappearing platforms were probably the hardest part of the game for me. I think luck got me through it more so than skill.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Berserker976

@gunstarred: Sorry, I really have to disagree with you. In fact I think the opposite is true. That section is only "trial and error" insofar as it requires many tries and many failures, and that alone doesn't make it "trial and error."

I think what you're referring to is a form of practice. You make a lot of attempts and get a bit further each time because you're getting better at the platforming, not because you're randomly varying your attempts to try to find a solution. You need practice because that section requires skillful platforming to get through.

Same for the Mega Man platforming part.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gaff

@eujin: Holding Triangle and pressing R2 is quickly becoming the most frustrating part of the game for me. And I suddenly feel like using my Fightstick for that game...

RichieJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By RichieJohn

@gaff: What's the problem with Triangle and R2?

Surely you're thumb is on Triangle and your middle finger is on R2?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richiejohn: It's the "Hold Triangle to stick, jump, then R2 to phase shift" sequence that's frustrating me at the moment. And my hands are not as fast as they used to be.

(Or I just need to face the fact that I'm just not that good at games anymore!)

RichieJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 9

@gaff: I stuck there at the moment as well. I got to the last floor but I died. I feel like I have to do it now but I know it's not critical to finishing the game so I might leave it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I skipped it.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By TAFAE

I did the last section exclusively using the flying move and the wall run instead of jumping and found it to be much easier than the rest of Tree Tops. The timing becomes pretty forgiving if you do it that way, you can just hit left or right and immediately swap dimensions since there's a little bit of a start up animation on the flight move before you actually start moving during which you won't fall off of the wall if it shifts out of existence. I was also playing on a Vita though, so hitting the right bumper may have let me shift dimensions faster than people using a PS3 controller's trigger.

@gaff If you do play some with a fight stick, post here about it. I thought about doing the same thing, seems like it would work pretty well.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fell over and over again only to reach the super meat boy section to die and start it all over. Took a break for an hour came back did it in about 10 mins in comparison to about the hour previously attempts. I've never been that great at platformers.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished the game, and only got 1 part of the mask - does something special happen if you get all the parts?

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flaboere: When you get 5/6 mask pieces, go and fight the boss again. You'll get the last piece after defeating him, and you'll be treated to an alternate "good" ending. +trophy

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree! That Treetops section was rough, but sooooo satisfying once you get the item!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.