This game is really fun.

#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

I played it at the PAX indie booths and had a great time with it. The co-op is fun, it plays well, really smooth animations and looks great. You are going to want to watch out for it when it comes to the Xbox and what ever else it ends up coming out on. I talked to one of the designers and he says platforms are not set yet, of course, but he wants it to go on as many things as he can.

#2 Posted by Thoseposers (785 posts) -

I think of all the games i saw at PAX this was one of my favorites, the art style in particular just blows me away

#3 Posted by AngeTheDude (673 posts) -

All I need to hear is luchadors and I'm in.

#4 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@AngeTheDude: It is pretty funny too. You can turn into a chicken whenever you want.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'm sold on this game by the name alone.

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I'm sold on this game by the name alone.

Yup!

I heard the title and decided nothing bad could possibly come out with a title so fucking great. Those of you who saw it at PAX, did they have any release date or even an idea of one?

#7 Posted by efman (212 posts) -

Haven't seen it myself as I am not attending the show, but everything I'm hearing about this game has me quite excited. Can't wait for screenshots and videos to come through so that I can get a a more thorough sense of it -- just sounds like a delight from everything's that's already been said.

#8 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: They have no idea. I think they are still in development from what the guy said.

Also the main characters are Juan and Tostada. Yes Tostada.

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@MariachiMacabre: They have no idea. I think they are still in development from what the guy said.

Also the main characters are Juan and Tostada. Yes Tostada.

#10 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: And she is a lady.

@efman: I am surprised there is not that much about the game on the site yet.

#11 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

Found this.

#12 Edited by efman (212 posts) -

@Daveyo520: Good find man, that's a great showcase there. Already digging the vibe I'm getting off of this. Perhaps not alot of content and material have been sent out to outlets for potential coverage, being that it is only now getting some exposure at the show. Any idea for how long this game has been in development? It looks like a game that'd easily be fit for a Summer of Arcade line-up, come this summer.

#13 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@efman: I have no clue sorry. Though ya it does seem like a summer of arcade game for sure. Though I think it might not be till at least the next one.

#14 Posted by Zidd (1846 posts) -

I really enjoyed this game when I played it. Will be buying it when its available.

#15 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -
@Zidd I hope the guys got video of it to show those who coukd not play it.
#16 Edited by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

The first time you turn into a chicken....magical. Johnathan Holmes was doing an interview with the devs while me and my friend were playing, and when we figured out how to turn into chickens, we started screaming "CHICKEN!!!!" I think we ruined their interview...

@MariachiMacabre: If I remember correctly, they don't even have a platform yet, let alone a release date. It'll be a while.

#17 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -
@Mesoian That was one of the funniest things I have done in a game. It is so stupid and awesome.
#18 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

I played this at PAX with a friend and it was great. The world swap mechanic is really cool, and we had some funny moments where we couldn't even do a simple jump because we both tried to hit the button at the same time.

#19 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

I knew this game was going to be great from when I played it at PAX two years ago. Today, I suplexed a chicken in the full version.

You know what, Guacamelee? You're more than all right. You're pretty god damn great.

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@morbid_coffee: As did I. Though it was only last PAX East I got to play it. I also played the exact same part they played in the QL this PAX. I really wish it was on other platforms so I could play it. Oh well.

Is it Muy Bueno?

#21 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@daveyo520: Es muy bueno y probablemente uno de los contendientes para mi GOTY

El Tacos

#22 Edited by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -
#23 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@daveyo520: Seeing as I really don't give a damn about Bioshock and like indie games more, yes.

#24 Edited by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -
#25 Posted by Taky (33 posts) -

@mesoian said:

The first time you turn into a chicken....magical. Johnathan Holmes was doing an interview with the devs while me and my friend were playing, and when we figured out how to turn into chickens, we started screaming "CHICKEN!!!!" I think we ruined their interview...

@MariachiMacabre: If I remember correctly, they don't even have a platform yet, let alone a release date. It'll be a while.

If I recall you made the interview way better.

#26 Edited by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

@taky: So, is there even a tiny chance that this could come to PC way down the line?

#27 Edited by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@daveyo520: I believe from their Twitter they said to not put your hopes up for anything. But the only thing that was for sure out of the question was iOS.

#28 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

More like GuacaMEME

#29 Edited by Taky (33 posts) -
#30 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -
#31 Edited by Taky (33 posts) -

@darthorange said:

@daveyo520 said:

@taky: So, is there even a tiny chance that this could come to PC way down the line?

I wouldn't think so but it is possible. The first Tales from Space was a Pub Fund game and it stayed exclusive. The second one was not and thus it came to Steam. Guacamelee! was funded with Sony dollars but their post on the PS blog simply said it would launch exclusively on Sony consoles. So yes, there is a tiny chance.

That's always a tricky question to answer, but, what I would say in general for any game that is made : if the game initially sells like gangbusters, then it'll come to every device, including microwaves and coffee makers.

[Edited]

#32 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3393 posts) -

Great game, the boss battles remind me of the first Shank game where you had to time everything right with your offensive moves and dodge rolls or your pretty much dead. Just beat it, and game felt satisfying. Seems like there might be multiple endings to this one so I'll give it another go.

#33 Edited by handlas (2682 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance said:

More like GuacaMEME

Naaaah... I hardly notice any of that junk while playing. The game has it's own style/humor that is much better than any of that stuff. So if anyone is, indeed, worried that the game is just dumb referencing to internet stuff; it's not (not saying you are... just anyone in general).

Lovin the game. Combat is pretty easy (kind of reminds me of 2d God of War with the combo/juggling stuff) but the platforming is fun and challenging.

#34 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@handlas said:

@ahaisthisourchance said:

More like GuacaMEME

Naaaah... I hardly notice any of that junk while playing. The game has it's own style/humor that is much better than any of that stuff. So if anyone is, indeed, worried that the game is just dumb referencing to internet stuff; it's not (not saying you are... just anyone in general).

Lovin the game. Combat is pretty easy (kind of reminds me of 2d God of War with the combo/juggling stuff) but the platforming is fun and challenging.

I think I might actually buy it if it's like that.

#35 Posted by ScreamingGhost (214 posts) -

I'd forgotten how much its actually changed since that first announcement trailer art team did a great job.

#36 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

I'm enjoying it so far. Some of the platforming can get a little frustrating later in the game but nothing to deter purchasing it.

#37 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

Pollo Power! Definitely one of the best games this year, bar none.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.