Dying left and right

#1 Posted by RBolduc625 (115 posts) -

So I'm not that seasoned of a moba player. But I know that it shouldn't take just one hit from another guardian to die. Atleast not at the very start of the round. Is there something I'm missing??

#2 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Use more skill.

I can almost guarantee that you are not taking 1 hit then dying. No one has a normal attack or ability that can 1 shot anyone as far as I know. Try to describe the issues you are having in more detail and I will be able to give you a more detailed answer.

#3 Posted by RBolduc625 (115 posts) -

No it definitely is an ability. Not a regular attack. I'm following my army and we are not next to a tower. I come up on another guardian and hit him with an ability attack and start hitting him. He does one ability move (a big one, sorry, don't quite know the names of each ability) and I'm dead. I know that nobody is that strong especially right off the bat. Especially if I can hit them with 3 or so abilities and wail on them with normal attacks and they still don't die.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@RBolduc625 said:
So I'm not that seasoned of a moba player. But I know that it shouldn't take just one hit from another guardian to die. Atleast not at the very start of the round. Is there something I'm missing??
Do not chase people. Its a hit and run game. Never follow unless you are 100% sure you will kill someone and get back alie.  

And I bet you are not paying attention to your life. It does not regen fast. 
#5 Posted by RBolduc625 (115 posts) -

No I know that. But sometimes when they come from behind me I have no choice. And that's when I go down with one ability hit. And yes, I have full life at the time. But the other part to that is no matter what class I am I can NEVER get their life down as fast as they do to me even if I hit them with every ability

#6 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

@RBolduc625: Again, I can almost guarantee that it is not 1 ability, they design these games with stuff like that in mind. Unless maybe they are cheating or something I guess? Which platform are you playing on?

If you really still think someone is using 1 ability and killing you instantly, tell me what hero did it and what hero you were and I can check the numbers.

#7 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

The only one hit kills I've seen have been when a character is in stun lock and then another does their ultimate on them. Neither is available at the beginning of a round. I agree, I don't think this is a one hit kill, it just must look like it.

#8 Posted by MichaelBach (879 posts) -

Start by grinding killing the soldiers to level up and get some powers and be able to upgrade barracks and towers

#9 Posted by BisonHero (6391 posts) -

Unlike literally everyone else reading this thread, I'm going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he isn't hallucinating, and that by "beginning of round" he means like the first couple minutes. The only thing I can think of is if you're in a match with terrible latency, and while it looks like one hit to you, it's actually the game "catching up" and updating your HP to where it should be because in reality you actually took a bunch of hits from a guy who deals particularly good DPS with his normal attack and abilities.

#10 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

Unlike literally everyone else reading this thread, I'm going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he isn't hallucinating, and that by "beginning of round" he means like the first couple minutes. The only thing I can think of is if you're in a match with terrible latency, and while it looks like one hit to you, it's actually the game "catching up" and updating your HP to where it should be because in reality you actually took a bunch of hits from a guy who deals particularly good DPS with his normal attack and abilities.

Well crap now I feel like an ass. I did not even think of latency issues, that could definitely be it.

What is your internet speed like @RBolduc625:? Also, are you playing over wireless? If so try plugging in an ethernet cable and seeing if that helps.

#11 Posted by RBolduc625 (115 posts) -

@BisonHero: Haha thanks Bison. I did mean within everybody still being level 1 or 2. And to everyone on here I'm not using this to complain or anything, just figure out what's going on. I am playing over wired but a lot of matches do seem to be lagging even over my 20 Mbps connection.. Maybe that is the case.

#12 Posted by carnifexseverian (69 posts) -

I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, Agendaur (sp?) has the strongest ability. It hits you with three waves of lightning that can probably one shot lower health guardians, especially with an AP build. However he would have to be at what, level 6 to get that? That's just the only ability I've seen one shot people.

#13 Posted by Budwyzer (565 posts) -

You need to view the death screen and see what the name of the ability/guardian is that is doing this to you. 

Is there such a thing in this game? I've only played 1 game of the tutorial, I haven't had the time to get back to it. I just figured since LoL did it, and it makes a lot of sense to have, then it would be in here too.

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Maybe he's just comboing you to death?

#15 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

Play all the characters, and master all of them. THEN come back and post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.