After 3/4 of a Year - Finally New Footage - The Norn Trailer

#1 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Hi there Guild Wars 2...

It's been awhile since ArenaNet debuted Guild Wars 2 gameplay at GamesCom in Germany. Eversince, that demo build is all that was shown... until now! Finally new footage. This trailer introduces the playable race of the Norn, somekind of shamanistic Viking dudes. Being able to shapeshift into some feral form will supposedly be their racial trait (none of that in the trailer though). The trailer focuses more on their native zones and the vibe of their culture. Anyways - here it goes. Enjoy!

My interest and passion in the genre of  MMORPGs wanes. It is in dire need of some reform and progression. The genre needs an effin lvl-up! I have high hopes for GW2 to that end. From the tech to the art to gamedesign to their business model, Guild Wars 2 could be the reformator I hope for! Please be a gaming great!
#2 Edited by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

They will be at PAX East in March with a new demo.  It has been confirmed that Norn will be playable as will the new Guardian class, so that should let you get a better look at the race and what they can do.

#3 Posted by Vitius (18 posts) -

I also wouldn't be surprised if we got the next class reveal around then. I think we still have 2 Guild Wars classes left and one new one?

#4 Posted by plague102 (129 posts) -

So excited to check out the new demo at PAX assuming I can get to one of the comp stations

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2139 posts) -

Maybe it was the video, but some bad framerates in places.

#6 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -
@DeeGee: On the official website it is much smoother

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.