Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Amazon Now Offering BWE Access With Preorders

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dourin

So there has been some hearsay going around as of late about BWE access finally coming to Amazon preorders, but we haven't heard anything concrete yet regarding this. Well, I come here to tell you that it is absolutely true (unless Amazon is just trolling me). I noticed earlier that Amazon's product page for GW2 had been updated to say that a preorder included not only the 3 day head start, but also access to the beta weekend events.

No Caption Provided

I wasn't content with this being enough evidence, especially with the following wording found in that above image: "The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early and access Beta Weekend Events will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game." I went ahead and grabbed a preorder, even though I have it prepurchased through Anet's website. Figure I'll just give it to my wife to try to pull her away from Tera. Anyway, shortly after placing the preorder, I received the following email:

No Caption Provided

Now while I can't verify this as meaning 100% for certain that $0 down preorders through Amazon will net you BWE access due to there not currently being a live event, this is about as much proof as we can get. So if you were on the fence at all about GW2, interested in checking it out, but didn't want to drop $60 to satisfy that curiosity, it seems now you can do so gratis thanks to Amazon.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Fantastic news - I hope the word gets round.

Also, chuck us an update if you can test her code during this stress test.

curious_george

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By curious_george

I can confirm my Amazon pre-order code worked for the stress test.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By UssjTrunks

I made a thread about this like a month ago lol. People used Amazon codes to get into BWE2 already. It's also been confirmed by Anet on Reddit.

Gamestop/EBgames pre-orders were also giving out beta codes not too long ago, not sure if they still are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.