Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Angry Joes review

• 74 results
    camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By camp7203

I only like his bad game reviews. For example, I highly recommend Sonic Riders. It's comedic gold.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MeierTheRed

I just can't get very far into his review, his persona/acting is so annoying.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By jakob187

@Rohok said:

Oh yeah Giant Bomb does one Quick Look all the dumb fan boys don't like and suddenly they don't know how to review or do quick looks.

Give me a break children.

It's not about whether they gave it a glowing review or not. It's the fact that most of the coverage seemed generally half-assed and offered little in the way of actual information. Do me a favor: pull up the Quick Look and count how many times Jeff uses the phrase "I don't know" after being asked a question. If you are going to do a Quick Look...let alone have gotten to the level he was at, you should be able to answer a good handful of those questions, even go so far as to...I don't know, do some research about the game before jumping into the Quick Look so you can at least have a little more knowledge, especially if you feel like there are going to be possible questions you can't answer. I mean, in Jeff's own words, they make this content to help offer opinions that can lead to more informed purchasing decisions, right?

I saw nothing in that Quick Look that felt like it was informing anyone of a purchase decision other than "this is a video game, and I personally don't really care for it much". He was able to explain a few things, but...

I just really don't know how to explain it. It was just slacked content to many people, not just myself. Mind you, I understand that they don't exactly have the time to be dumping into MMOs (especially with right now being the kick-in for holiday releases, PAX Prime, and BLLSL...they've got a lot on their plate at the moment). Still, it exists and it sucked as a way of informing people of what the game is, what it's doing different, and why this is an option to people who like MMOs or those who want to get into MMOs over something with a subscription fee.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By fjordson

Angry Joe is fucking awesome, one of my favourite channels on YouTube. His humour can turn some people off I think, but I find him pretty funny.

That being said, I didn't really have a problem with the QL for Guild Wars 2. The game is...another MMO...kinda dull if you're not into that.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dezztroy
    @connerthekewlkid said:

@ProfessorEss said:

@Rohok said:

Oh yeah Giant Bomb does one Quick Look all the dumb fan boys don't like and suddenly they don't know how to review or do quick looks.

Give me a break children.

Perhaps you're blinded by your undying love and loyalty to the staff of Giant Bomb but personally when this site provides grossly inadequate and uninformed coverage of a major release I'm interested in I'm all for the fantastic Giant Bomb community directing me to places with superior coverage of it. Maybe that's childish but hey, that's just me.

i think its more along the lines of they didnt like the game you like so it must mean they did something wrong

EDIT: you know what i felt the same way as you when the old republic came out and i saw the GB quick look so just forget the first comment

They QL'd an MMO without even showing the character creation. That pretty much says it all, they didn't put any effort whatsoever into it. I'd prefer they did nothing than did something extremely half-assed.
    SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SeanFoster

I think they should have Matt Rorie come in and lead the charge for all MMO quick looks.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By BoOzak

@RenMcKormack said:

Angry Video Game Nerd

Irate Gamer

Angry Joe

I am going to market myself as Accommodating Al the Reasonable Game Review Guy

There's Annoyed Gamer now aswell!

All these "critics" are starting to make Yathzee look legit. But to be honest, most of them make pretty decent points. When they arent doing the whole fake anger thing. Not a fan of Joe though, he tries a bit too hard.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By emem
    @SeanFoster said:

I think they should have Matt Rorie come in and lead the charge for all MMO quick looks.

Not just for MMOs, they don't have anyone who could and would want to play let alone review long RPGs like The Witcher 2 or Dark Souls (sadly Vinny doesn't count) either. 

The question is if they want someone to cover those games extensively and I don't think that's for us to decide. It would be really nice, though.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By pweidman

Oh. Now I think I get the whole Guild Wars 2 hype/appreciation business. Thanks to Joe for a super informative, and at the same time, very entertaining look at the game. This guy's fine and got way to much grief for the whole Keighley face-off thing. His passion for games comes through loud and clear and is refreshing imo.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Brendan

I think I would like the guy as a writer if I had never seen him on video, but his personality is grating and his shitty attitude towards Keighley sealed the deal for me.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Sooty

oh another YouTube moron

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Subjugation

That was actually a very fair and well constructed review. He even made me laugh several different times. This is a good piece of content. Also, major props for including Monty Python.

Skeetlejuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Skeetlejuice

@BabyChooChoo:

Human nature, they invest time and money into something and then even if it is in reality mediocre or not really fantastic, they have to inflate it in their minds or make allowances for it because to call it out for it's flaws or to aknowledge its shortcomings then they have to deal with the fact that they didn't invest their time and money wisely. (yes i know that was a run on sentence)

They would also be forced to put the lens on themselves for perhaps not making a great purchase possibly in error or being misled by advertising and or word of mouth and hype from early adopters.

Hey I bought Fifa 12 and it pissed the hell out of me for many parts and I will buy Fifa 13 (mainly because i follow soccer and the game is an extension, i'd much rather play real football but it fills a hole) Needless to say I am not gonna sit there and hype it up and play up it's strengths and sweep the flaws under the rug.

People need to start to learn to seperate things, activities, interests that they have as being seperate from them and are their own things, if someone else doesn't like them it shouldn't be taken as an attack on your own person.

aka You play COD and like Barcelona well then your a DBag, or your my long lost Bro.

It's human nature but it's incredibly limiting to get pulled in like that. My friend and his wife are both playing GW2 and seem to be enjoying it, it looks good for an MMO i guess, To me I see Grind Wars 2, but i'm not really interested in MMO's. My point is the Game should just be the game, Pros and Cons but seperate to the people playing it, even though they play it.

Sorry long winded but it is a pet peeve of mine, you critisize (even constructively) anything someone else likes and they take it personally. It's pretty weak, and it makes humans really easy to be manipulated in society, look at polotics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like Angry Joe. I personally find his reviews enjoyable and lighthearted. The man's passionate, informally honest and simultaneously respectful. Say what you will about his style, the man is not fake, and I like that.

CashBailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CashBailey

Angry Joe is the shit.

Even if I don't particularly care about the game he's reviewing his videos are always very funny and entertaining.

Remember video reviews, guys...?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BraveToaster

Ugh, I don't like that guy at all. I think I'll stick to with the Quick Lookers that I can tolerate.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with all the hate in this thread?

Angry Joe is a fun guy to watch, I don't always agree with his reviews, but his enthusiasm is always entertaining.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Skeetlejuice: Why is your opinion of "this game is mediocre, so everyone who disagrees must be delusional" any better than the fanatics you're attempting to criticise? It is possible for people to like something and accept the flaws at the same time and your own self importance is worse than anything anyone said in the comments. The problem with GiantBomb's quicklook isn't that they didn't like it, I don't care if they personally don't think it's a good game, but that they didn't care to even really play it. Even during the I Love Mondays, the attitude was "..I guess we should do something with that". I've not seen so little effort put into a video on this site since the Pokemon QL's (and those games at least differ very little with each iteration).

I also have to say that while getting max level gear is a bit of a grind at the moment, anyone far enough in the game to have reached that point must have skipped so much content, they're not really in a position to fairly judge the game. Eye of the North also launched with a lot of grind for the new gear and they acknowledged the complaints and fixed things pretty quickly.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BraveToaster

@Random45 said:

Angry Joe is a fun guy to watch, I don't always agree with his reviews, but his enthusiasm is always entertaining.

Well, maybe not everyone finds his brand of enthusiasm or his jokes entertaining.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....Why hasnt he changed his wardrobe/haircut in 2 years?  

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BraveToaster said:

@Random45 said:

Well, maybe not everyone finds his brand of enthusiasm or his jokes entertaining.

That's fine if people dislike him. However, some of the comments in this thread are seriously uncalled for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@Grissefar said:

Geoff Keighley deserves better. He doesn't have to put up with shit from a noisy youtube guy who expects VIP treatment when Geoff actually has an award show to organize.

Really dude? I don't care who someone is interviewing. Geoff Keighley was being a total douchebag. It was very unprofessional for someone who claims to know their stuff to act like that. A professional person treats everyone with respect, especially someone from the media, whether that be from a small web blog or The New York Times. It doesn't matter.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By freakin9

I like my videogame reviewers/personalities to not be so into games. I like a thin veil of... it's just a fucking videogame, not something serious. This dude is serious and gets into too much minutia to keep me interested, even if it's partially an act.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By warxsnake
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    .....Why hasnt he changed his wardrobe/haircut in 2 years?  
    Dat youtube money
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pinworm45

@Tru3_Blu3 said:

I like Angry Joe. I personally find his reviews enjoyable and lighthearted. The man's passionate, informally honest and simultaneously respectful. Say what you will about his style, the man is not fake, and I like that.

My biggest problem with him is how fake he is..

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By metalmoog

I love his enthusiasm and passion. He seems like a regular dude that loves playing video games and he always has clever writing in his videos that make me laugh frequently. Currently my favourite video game reviewer online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.