Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Any idea when the Standard Digital Edition will be available?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishinfoulux

Pretty much sold out everywhere, from what I could tell. Some places have the Digital Deluxe version, but I'd prefer to spend $60 instead of $80. Has there been any word on when the stock will be resupplied? Or if there are any trustworthy sites that actually have Standard Edition keys left?

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jesterroyal

You should buy from a store if you can. Ive seen it on shelves in best buy.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

They brought some new servers online. I imagine they'll open up digital purchases fairly soon--most of their server-related issues (trading post, guild stuff, etc.) is starting to fix itself up now.

TheAwesomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheAwesomer

I think you can still buy the digital edition at best buy's website, but I picked it up at gamestop today.

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OhHiMk

You're better off trying to pick up an instore copy of the game. Especially since Walmart and Target invested heavily in it. There's still a lot of copies sitting on the shelf for 60 bucks.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bassario

This doesn't make sense to me xD

How can a digital copy be out of stock? are the servers honestly full to the point of causing complications or are they being really stingy and trying to up-sell the collectors edition?

It's kind of REALLY frustrating when you are Australian coz here retail stores sell it for $90 meanwhile the digital version is 33% cheaper, and makes no difference as you have to download most of the content either way -_-

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7  Edited By Humanity

I was going to buy it from Amazon on Friday before the Weekend early access and it was already sold out back then. Kind of glad I bought it directly from ArenaNet as now I'd be in the same boat as you even if I am somewhat disappointed in the game. Still got at least 10 hrs out of it so purchase justified.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Bassario: The collectors edition is out of stock in most places, they took it offline to ease strain. It's great that they're willing to give a smooth experience to the early adopters, but I can't imagine it's something they'l want to continue for long. The game's getting a lot of good word of mouth at the moment, they must be losing a lot of sales by not letting people buy it right now.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By subyman

The standard digital is available again on the Guild Wars 2 website for those that are interested.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By project343

@subyman: Everyone who's interested: GO GO GO!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Pinworm45

@Bassario said:

This doesn't make sense to me xD

How can a digital copy be out of stock? are the servers honestly full to the point of causing complications or are they being really stingy and trying to up-sell the collectors edition?

On their website, Digital is out of stock, Digital Deluxe is out of stock, but the expensive Collectors Edition is available to order.

Draw your own conclusions. I know I did.

Edit: it's available on their site again, but if you wait a day or two, you can get it on http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=vamogoma and use the coupon GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G to get 25% off. It works until the 17th.

You'll also get a bonus 2$ (full disclosure: so will I) if you use that link. If you don't trust me just use www.greenmangaming.com It's still a great site with amazing deals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.