Any news on the progress of this game?

#1 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -

How far in the development are they? im hoping that we see it released sometime in march-april 2011.

#2 Posted by plague102 (128 posts) -

That sounds about right, they have said that they will be releasing the game once the entire triology of books that they are writing have all been written.  The first one has already come out while the second is slated for a December release so a march - april release sounds about right.  Well the most recent information that they've released has been about the apps that GW2 will be supporting on smart phones.  I don't know how up to date on news you are but I try to pool a lot of news, links, pics, and videos from around the web onto my forum thread over at G4tv.com heres the link if your interested: 

http://forums.g4tv.com/showthread.php?p=2658359#post2658359

#3 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Other people have been speculating that it would be around that date. Though personally, I can't see how they can pull that off with a beta somewhere in there. But I don't really know how betas work in MMOs and how close they're to release date.

#4 Edited by Lukeweizer (2654 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:

" How far in the development are they? im hoping that we see it released sometime in march-april 2011. "

They're doing a Beta first I think. Late 2011 is what I think I heard at PAX about release.
#5 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

I'd be surprised if it comes out that soon.

#6 Posted by marcandrer (31 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.