Any way to confirm if I have early release?

#1 Posted by MstrMnyBgs (123 posts) -

I bought the game from Greenmangaming.com when they had the 25% off sale, and I got a code and entered it in Guildwars2.com to get my account and what not, but I'm not 100% sure if I got early release privileges. I assume I do, but is there any way to check?

#2 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@MstrMnyBgs said:

I bought the game from Greenmangaming.com when they had the 25% off sale, and I got a code and entered it in Guildwars2.com to get my account and what not, but I'm not 100% sure if I got early release privileges. I assume I do, but is there any way to check?

I'm not sure if I did either. I got mine from amazon and it said something about a difference between pre-purchase and uhh pre-order?

#3 Edited by Benny (1938 posts) -

@MstrMnyBgs: That green man gaming one and the amazon one were both pre-purchases if you're referring to the ones that were weeks ago. If you check your email for a receipt it should say as much. You should also have received emails from arenanet saying "your spot in the beta is reserved" or something meaning you definitely had a pre-purchase copy because they automatically got into the beta.

Basically if you paid a little more than a standard pc game and it gave you a code it should be a full 3 day headstart pre purchase.

#4 Posted by CatsAkimbo (584 posts) -

What day did you buy it? If it was before August 8th, you should have a 3 day head start (I got mine from GMG August 3rd and have been able to play the stress tests and such). Apparently they ran out of 3 day head start's after the 8th.

#5 Posted by ToxicFruit (1713 posts) -

I got an email form them when i registered it saying that i had a 3-day head start

#6 Posted by xSeanZx (176 posts) -

If they ran out of 3 day head starts, why does it say on the official website still that if you pre purchase you get the 3: day head starts? I don't think they ran out... I'm pretty sure if you pre purchase you still get 3 days and if you pre order you get the 1 day head start

#7 Edited by CatsAkimbo (584 posts) -

@xSeanZx: We're talking just about Green Man Gaming, where the OP bought it: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/guild-wars-2-digital-edition-na/

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 8TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

And the above wording makes me think that if you got an activation code early, you're in early.

#8 Edited by Jams (2956 posts) -

@CatsAkimbo said:

@xSeanZx: We're talking just about Green Man Gaming, where the OP bought it: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/guild-wars-2-digital-edition-na/

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 8TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!

ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!

And the above wording makes me think that if you got an activation code early, you're in early.

EDIT: Oh that quote is from that site. I guess that doesn't have to do with my early access then.

is the activation code just the normal key that you enter when you register? Because I got the game only two days ago from amazon download which included the key that I registered. Maybe that pertains to people who by the physical copy?

#9 Edited by MstrMnyBgs (123 posts) -

I made the purchase on the 6th of August, so according to that I should have the early entry, but I can't find the email receipt so I was just wondering if there was a way to go to the guild wars 2 site and check, where it would actually say "Yes you have early entry access" or "no you do not have early entry"

EDIT: I did find the email receipt from GMG on the 6th, but it doesn't say anything about early access. Just gives me an activation code to enter on the GW2 site.

#10 Posted by Benny (1938 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the only way you got a code was from a pre-purchase.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.