Anybody Pre-Purchased Guild Wars 2 Since BWE1 to get into BWE2?

#1 Posted by Seppli (9746 posts) -

Just wondering if all the early adopters got it right away, and if Guild Wars 2 is gaining traction with the gaming enthusiast crowd here on GB. Or y'all holding out for full release and reviews and such?

Going into BWE2 tomorrow with around 100 servers. That's crazy! Like full release in Beta. It almost sounds like every core MMO player has gotten their copy already.

#2 Posted by Benny (1937 posts) -

I know they gave away a lot of beta keys between then and now, but it's not even close to the number I'd imagine pre-purchased before BWE1, so if I had to guess; the extra servers are to see what it might be like a little more sparsely populated?

#3 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Pre-orders from Amazon and Gamestop are now getting beta access as well, so I'm sure that will increase the playerbase by quite a bit (everyone who pre-ordered from those retailers before the promotion will also be emailed keys if I'm not mistaken).

#4 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Yes. Even though I was offered a key too. I wanted to support their efforts because I was really impressed with what I'd seen in BWE1.

#5 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

I pre-purchased within minutes of it being available. Just because. But I brought my friend over to see the stress test and sold him on the pre-purchase instantly. So there's that.

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

I'm planning on waiting and seeing how the game turns out. Maybe even waiting for the first update, these kinds of games tend to ship a little broken it seems.

I played a lot of GW Factions with friends so I'm looking forward to what 2 has to offer. I don't play a lot of MMOs though.

#7 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

I'm planning on waiting and seeing how the game turns out. Maybe even waiting for the first update, these kinds of games tend to ship a little broken it seems.

I played a lot of GW Factions with friends so I'm looking forward to what 2 has to offer. I don't play a lot of MMOs though.

You can do the Amazon pre-order to try out the beta, and just cancel if you don't like it. Anet is also offering full refunds now on pre-purchases from their website if you aren't satisfied following the beta.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:

@MikkaQ said:

You can do the Amazon pre-order to try out the beta, and just cancel if you don't like it. Anet is also offering full refunds now on pre-purchases from their website if you aren't satisfied following the beta.

That stuff doesn't tend apply in Canada. It's not really a problem though, I can wait.

#9 Posted by Grome (16 posts) -

I had planned on buying it when they first announced years ago! My first entrance into the mmo world was guildwars and i love the world! but like alot of people i moved on to warcraft and spent most of the past 5-6ish years raiding way to many times a week haha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.