Audio Week

#1 Edited by Jack_Lafayette (3469 posts) -

ArenaNet is using this week to focus on sound design with videos and articles from the audio team.

First up is field recording: 

Sound design:

A couple of blog posts:
The Hidden Complexity of Sound Design
James Boer Talks GW2 Audio Design

A lot of audio jargon in these articles, but what I do understand is that I'm pretty goddamn pumped about customizable context-sensitive playlists.
#2 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

First things first... here's the proper embed player.

And yeah, it looks and sounds phenomenal. Can't wait to get my own hands-on.
#3 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3469 posts) -
@Seppli: Yeah, I just forgot to resize it in the code. Is there a way to make it default to that resolution?
#4 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

i love this kind of shit. thanks dood.

#5 Posted by Vexxan (4614 posts) -

Awesome, I love watching behind the scenes videos.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -
@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Seppli: Yeah, I just forgot to resize it in the code. Is there a way to make it default to that resolution?

These days, I don't know. They've taken out the whole 'design your own embed code' element out of youtube. I'm just rightclicking on the defunct embed player to get the snazzier one (works straight outta youtube too).

Back in the day, you could get a 1080p-sized embed player. Loved to do that.

Wierd - the 'fullsize' button misses on the second vid in the OP.

#7 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3469 posts) -
@Seppli: Oh man, you keep stealing my totally inept thunder with your competence. Let's see if I can go zero for three.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.