Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Beta Roster

• 84 results
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Beta Roster

Hey guys!

The first Beta Event has been announced for Friday the 27th of April!

After some discussion in the main guild thread, a point was raised regarding how we'll contact one another in this month's Beta. It is quite likely (although not certain) that we won't be able to create an in-game guild for the beta events, and as such, none of us wants to friend-invite every single member of the guild.

So, as a solution to this, we're establishing a beta roster. This would be a database of times where those-who-want-to can post when they'll be available.

I have created a public spreadsheet for us to use, just pop in your GB username, character name (if you know it already) and online / offline time at the end of the list for each day. We'll use filter afterwards to organise everything by online time.

Spreadsheet Link

Feel free to add a comment to your listing if you'll be on the guild mumble server during the event!

ED: Note, the spreadsheet has been slightly modified, but the details entered thus far shouldn't be lost (and I've been keeping backups of them in case).

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm guessing there's the typical US/EU divide when it comes to servers?

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Adamsons

@Funkydupe said:

IIRC you can play on whatever servers you want. No idea how they're structuring this for the beta weekends though.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maystack

Very organised, I'm impressed. As I don't know the exact weekend, I can't nail down any definites at the moment. I'll add my info when I know which weekend it is.

g00ber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By g00ber

Good idea, I'll put my info in when we get more information on when the Beta weekends are.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UssjTrunks

Well done.

I added my name to the list with rough times (might change them closer to the date)

@Funkydupe said:

Nope. You can play on whatever server you want.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UssjTrunks:

Yo Trunks.

If I'm looking at this correctly, you're only available on the Friday? You didn't enter anything on the sat or sun sheets, so yeah - just making sure whilst also using you as an example in a most embarrassing fashion.

(sorry in advance : P )

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'll add my name to the list closer to the time, when we know more about the dates (and I can be bothered to work out what time it'll be over here). I'll definitely find some time to play, at least to have some kind of epic dance party during the last day.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@UssjTrunks:

Yo Trunks.

If I'm looking at this correctly, you're only available on the Friday? You didn't enter anything on the sat or sun sheets, so yeah - just making sure whilst also using you as an example in a most embarrassing fashion.

Why don't you stand up and read your note to the class, Trunks? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to the beta event, I'll update the details once we get the dates. Being in the UK I'm likely to be on from 1am to 4pm PST. As it’s a beta I’ll just use my GB user name for any characters I roll.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*decides on a name for the beta*

My human character (which will be the first I make I think) will be "Hurde Burgh Durgh".

@JustKamToo: That is a fine idea good sir - though my GB username is a bit boring to me by now.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mustachio

I've already thought up a proper name and a beta name for my Guardian, so that the proper name cannot be stolen by any dirty thieving name peoples during the beta. He shall be Buff McSmashington.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mustachio:

lol - bravo my dear man.

Just remember to fill out the Sat and Sun sheets too, though (of course, just leave them blank if you're unavailable on those days).

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SamStrife

I can't tell you that I played a closed beta weekend where they allowed Guild Creation but if I could, I would...if that helps.

Also, I would love to tell you that in said event, once you picked a server, you were locked into and and not allowed to jump across to another...but I can't. That may have changed though...

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Codeacious

@SamStrife:

No Caption Provided

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SamStrife
    @isnipeyoudie Haha!
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind

According to the devs on twitter, they're doing a closed beta event this weekend for stress testing. Sounds like further proof of the first BWE taking place on the 20th (assuming the stress test doesn't break everything).

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mustachio

@selfconfessedcynic: Ah, didn't notice those tabs. Done.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Codeacious
    @WinterSnowblind: Sounds like the reason they don't want to say a date yet. I'm betting they're going to test a player to server ratio to see if they can get enough servers in time for the 20th, and if not, push it a week.
    duggshammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By duggshammer

@isnipeyoudie: lol, good.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UssjTrunks

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@UssjTrunks:

Yo Trunks.

(sorry in advance : P )

Lulz, didn't see the tabs. I'm available all days for now :P

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@isnipeyoudie said:

@WinterSnowblind: Sounds like the reason they don't want to say a date yet. I'm betting they're going to test a player to server ratio to see if they can get enough servers in time for the 20th, and if not, push it a week.

They've said in the past they don't want GW2 to interfere with the anniversary celebrations for GW1 though, which will be the 27th-30th. They were even careful to avoid announcing new information for GW2 during that time last year.

If they're doing a beta weekend event this month, it pretty much has to be the 20th.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By RobbieMac
    @WinterSnowblind: That would fit perfectly for me because I finish finals this weekend and then I leave for Vegas on the 28th... so it better be the 20th.
    Nyaxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nyaxite

I have pre-purchased the game, though I can't set my BWE playing schedule in stone just yet. I'm going to be really busy over the next few weeks yet I just can't miss out on the upcoming BWE. If it's alright, I'll refer to this list and contact someone in-game on the Friday. I'm also hoping it's on the 20th as that would work out very well for me and I'd be able to play much more.

Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Codeacious
    @WinterSnowblind: Now that's a take on the situation I haven't heard yet, but that is completely logical. I think they WANT to go with the 20th, but are being deterred by the amount of prepurchases they got, hence the stress test to be 100% positive. I doubt they want a bunch of people not under NDA bitching about server issues.
    Raios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Raios

I should be free almost any weekend all weekend, but I'll hold off on adding myself until I hear an actual date. Really looking forward to this though, I've had the MMO itch for a while now.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It's just the times I'm waiting to here now. I'll likely be playing as soon as it goes live, but that could well be the middle of the night for me.

Does anyone know if the previous beta's went up at midnight (Seattle time) or if it was later in the day?

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By EnchantedEcho

@WinterSnowblind: Press were let on at 6AM and public were let on at noon (both Seatle time). Could be different this time around but most likely will stick to the same timetable.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Codeacious
    @EnchantedEcho: Seeing as there's no NDA for anyone during the BWEs though, wouldn't they just open it up to everyone at the same time?
    EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By EnchantedEcho

@isnipeyoudie: Yeah, you would think that would happen but, they might want all of the press on one server or something. I'd say the midday start is most likely.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#31  Edited By tearhead

I'll be in the beta, hope to see you all there!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Bollard

I'm gunna be around when I can. Don't have my GW2 name yet as I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive, and my time will be limited due to revision but we shall see.

EDIT: Wouldn't it have made more sense to just do all the days on one sheet? Bit crazy to have to put details in 3 times when you could just put dashes if you weren't around on a particular day.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chavtheworld: For a while there it helped because people messing with the sheets only bothered with the front one, so I had a measure of content protection by obfuscating the second and third days.

Now that the shine has worn off anyway, I may combine the three into one page later tonight.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Bollard

@selfconfessedcynic: Awesome.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Aronman789

Added my stuff. I don't really have any obligations besides class, so pretty much everything after I get home at 2:30pm eastern (11:00am pacific) on weekdays is good for me, and weekends are open from whenever I wake up.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edited the front page to:

Beta Roster

Hey guys!

The first Beta Event has been announced for Friday the 27th of April!

After some discussion in the main guild thread, a point was raised regarding how we'll contact one another in this month's Beta. It is quite likely (although not certain) that we won't be able to create an in-game guild for the beta events, and as such, none of us wants to friend-invite every single member of the guild.

So, as a solution to this, we're establishing a beta roster. This would be a database of times where those-who-want-to can post when they'll be available.

I have created a public spreadsheet for us to use, just pop in your GB username, character name (if you know it already) and online / offline time at the end of the list for each day. We'll use filter afterwards to organise everything by online time.

Spreadsheet Link

Feel free to add a comment to your listing if you'll be on the guild mumble server during the event!

ED: Note, the spreadsheet has been slightly modified, but the details entered thus far shouldn't be lost.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, my friend is leaving to china for 3 months on that weekend. So much for clearing it for Beta.

*changes online times*

I can still be on all sunday though : D

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm still waiting for the blog update, it should let us know the exact times and such.

Hopefully they let us know about the servers we'll have access to, so we know where we should all meet. I'm guessing they'll be the same as the closed beta ones though.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RobbieMac

I will be playing.  My brother will also be playing off my account as well, just a side note.

EDIT: I admit I probably won't do much PvE, going to save it for release.  So I am wondering who is going to be focusing on PvP and WvW?  I will be doing that primarily along with through research into guilds if we can make them.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By shinboy630

Now that we have a weekend set, I added my info. Since it seems like we will be limited to one server like previous betas (that I totally didn't play), when are we deciding which server we will be on?

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sjupp

Anyone know if they've said anything about wiping the servers before? I wonder if my.. Friend will have his thief removed from the closed beta.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Sjupp: All beta-created characters/guilds/whatever will be wiped before headstart access begins.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Floppypants

I'll be there the moment they turn the servers on. If you played TOR with me in Good Luck Have Bothans, you might recognize my character name.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Beaudacious

So guilds can be made in beta, and instead of adding everyone people can simply search. Its whats assumed right now. As well guilds appear to be cross server. So PVE is all good to go from the sounds of it.

But for PVP apparently "Home Server" matters, so idk if people want to try and establish NA/EU home servers? Cause while pve isn't an issue, and well pve is ok with 2,3,4,+ people. PvP like WvW and structured is much more fun if you have established groups rather then running around randomly.

This should also allow the GB Guild to be both NA ,and EU with two home servers. This should let everyone pve together, and have better pings for PVP.

Idk if people want to bother trying to set a home servers for the NA/EU GB community in beta, i assume server names will transfer over to release so it could be a good way to establish known servers.

Also currently i believe there's a NA server in beta named Yak's Bend, which i would nominate for a NA choice. Everyone loved Yak's Bend right? I haven't seen anything about EU lists.

NA CBT SERVER LISTS ( Probably be many more for BWE)
    NA CBT SERVER LISTS ( Probably be many more for BWE)
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Aronman789

Yaks are cool, so I'm all for it.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Codeacious

I heard from a friend that there was a server called Jade Quarry (and another one called Fort Aspenwood). I personally vote for Jade Quarry, but I suppose this is really just a contest to see what name we all like the best.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Beaudacious

@isnipeyoudie: I'd make a pole, if i knew all the names : D.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I'd vote for JQ if that were true, because obviously Luxons ftw. Otherwise, Borlis Pass, because of the Drok's run nostalgia.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Subjugation

Wow, names don't come much greater than Sorrow's Furnace.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Maystack

@Beaudacious: Yak's Bend was pretty boring. Nothing to do there.

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

I'd vote for JQ if that were true, because obviously Luxons ftw. Otherwise, Borlis Pass, because of the Drok's run nostalgia.

This is what I'd vote for. Luxons are sweet.

@Subjugation said:

Wow, names don't come much greater than Sorrow's Furnace.

Yeah, but that's likely going to be the most popular. Even if people didn't play the first guild wars, and don't get the reference, I'm guessing it'll be full non-stop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.