BWE #3 Wipe

#1 Posted by boxoflawls (100 posts) -
#2 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Sucks about guilds being wiped.

#3 Posted by shinboy630 (1164 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:

Sucks about guilds being wiped.

It does kinda suck, but I can't say its surprising.

#4 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Something we'll have to remind people who can invite to do is add literally everyone in the guild to your friends list then when the game actually launches we will have as many Lincoln Force members as possible ready to join the guild on our friends lists.

#5 Posted by TheHT (11549 posts) -

It's a beta, so that's all well and fine. Are there people getting up in arms about this?

#6 Posted by boxoflawls (100 posts) -

@TheHT said:

It's a beta, so that's all well and fine. Are there people getting up in arms about this?

I've seen a few angry tweets about it but nothing major. Some people were upset that they don't get to keep the gems from the beta weekends. I think it added up to about 6k(?) for free.

#7 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@boxoflawls: That was to be expected from the start, people getting angry over it are just being silly.

#8 Posted by Elitespy (48 posts) -

The lincoln force should switch server... Just sayin

#9 Posted by TheHT (11549 posts) -

@Elitespy said:

What's wrong with Yak's Bend?

#10 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Elitespy: NEVER! You should come to Yak's and join the guild.

#11 Posted by shinboy630 (1164 posts) -

@Elitespy said:

Yup, hundreds of people joining a different server instead of just 1! Makes sense!

#12 Posted by Subjugation (4726 posts) -

@TheHT: @boxoflawls: People shouldn't be angry about this. I mean, welcome to a real beta, what were they expecting? Those kinds of people disappoint me.

#13 Posted by shinboy630 (1164 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@TheHT: @boxoflawls: People shouldn't be angry about this. I mean, welcome to a real beta, what were they expecting? Those kinds of people disappoint me.

The people complaining about gems really disappoint me. With the gem system going live in this beta and any gems bought in this beta carrying over to release, did people really expect Anet to give them a bunch of gems for free? Honestly people should be happy that contacts are saved.

#14 Posted by Elitespy (48 posts) -

@Maystack: @TheHT: Nothing wrong with Yak's Bend, it's just a really high population server, I'm more of a medium population guy, lol.

#15 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

@Elitespy: Server has been solidified, feel free to go to another server. Just Lincoln Force won't be there.

#16 Posted by Elitespy (48 posts) -

@RobbieMac: I wasn't really expecting you guys to change, lol. Just messing around, I'll probably stay on Ehmry Bay, even though during the last beta it had a high pop =/

#17 Edited by Benny (1953 posts) -

This is a list of servers and what guilds will be represented where: http://www.guildmag.com/guild-wars-2-worlds-in-beta-communities-guilds

Yak's Bend will probably the single most popular server because of the Yogscast, Gametrailers & GW2Guru guilds (provided they stick with those servers for release), potentially both good and bad. I honestly wouldn't worry about the fetuses that will be attracted to those guilds because they are easily ignored. I will say that the server will be fucking hammered, WvW might be a pain to get into and it could cause dynamic events to be pushed to their extremes (could be fun anyway.)

It also means we get to differentiate ourselves from the Yogscast and GW2Guru guilds etc. and perhaps with such a huge population on the server have a better chance at finding like-minded players that get steered away by the potential immaturity in those guilds.

I remember from my WoW playing days that a select few big guilds and sometimes players build reputations for themselves and I kinda enjoy seeing that stuff develop. In WoW you used to end up with the guild leaders and top ranked PvPers becoming sort of famous on servers and it will be interesting to see how that stuff develops, and if it happens to any of us!

#18 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Of course shit gets wiped. Was surprised it didn't get wiped each time. Now just to fuck that chicken neatly in BWE 3, and do like 10 levels on each of the remaining professions I need to try-out before launch - and I'm good to go.

#19 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

@Elitespy: I suggest you come play with us, it will be a action pack weekend of members playing together.

#20 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@RobbieMac said:

@Elitespy: I suggest you come play with us, it will be a action pack weekend of members playing together.

He already said he's too cool for us. Let's not appear desperate. :P

#21 Posted by Subjugation (4726 posts) -

@Benny said:

I remember from my WoW playing days that a select few big guilds and sometimes players build reputations for themselves and I kinda enjoy seeing that stuff develop. In WoW you used to end up with the guild leaders and top ranked PvPers becoming sort of famous on servers and it will be interesting to see how that stuff develops, and if it happens to any of us!

I had the same experience. In the beginning I was on the outside looking in, but toward the end of my time with the game my guildmates and I became the talked about ones on Kel'thuzad. It's pretty neat, as far as being e-famous can be neat, but it also has negative effects as well. You have the kind people who give you respect, but you also garner attention from trolls. You spend your time under a magnifying glass of judgment when others get to interact with you and they expect you to live up to whatever stories they've heard or standards they've set. The best way to handle it is to just realize that at the end of the day it's a game and just have fun, regardless of others' perception of you.

That being said, I fully expect great players to develop and emerge from this guild and I wouldn't be surprised if some of us find ourselves in that situation.

Also

@Benny said:

I honestly wouldn't worry about the fetuses that will be attracted to those guilds because they are easily ignored.

That gave me a good laugh.

#22 Posted by Elitespy (48 posts) -

@UssjTrunks: Damn straight, lol. I just know when I come home from work on Friday Yak's Bend will be full and I'll have to pick something else. Oh well, might hang out in Mumble and shoot the shit with you guys though.

#23 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@Elitespy said:

@UssjTrunks: Damn straight, lol. I just know when I come home from work on Friday Yak's Bend will be full and I'll have to pick something else. Oh well, might hang out in Mumble and shoot the shit with you guys though.

Will servers be able to fill up even when the game releases?

#24 Posted by shinboy630 (1164 posts) -

@Subjugation: I had people PMing me to do FoW with them cause my Alliance held the speedclear record for a while in Guild Wars 1. It was oddly satisfying.

The only thing that bums me out with that in GW2 is that WvW blocks out names. It is kinda awesome when in large scale PvP you hear "Oh Shit, here comes [Player Character]!", especially if that person is you and you strike fear in the heart of your enemies. Oh well, I guess that still works small scale in sPvP.

#25 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3396 posts) -
@shinboy630: I sort of like that the whole reputation thang in WvW will be mostly down to guild tags. Instead of "Oh shit, here comes X person," it becomes "Sonuvabitch, it's an entire god damn platoon of Y guild."

@Elitespy said:

As far as I know, you can join the guild even if your home server isn't Yak's. It just means you won't be able to WvW with us.
#26 Posted by Subjugation (4726 posts) -

@shinboy630: Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I learned to avoid certain players in battlegrounds, and some players avoided me which always made laugh, because of the knowledge that you were about to become a smear on the ground. Then again even the largest WoW battlegrounds didn't exceed 100 players (not including Wintergrasp), so the scale of WvW might render a similar level of player impact and recognition impossible. Perhaps in smaller scale encounters on the side it could be replicated. Man, I just nostalgia'd hard because of this talk. The glory days of my glass cannon TG warrior are running through my mind.

#27 Posted by Beaudacious (930 posts) -

So my white char Mesmer will loose his pretty hat? How dare you Arenanet, shame on you for atrocious cruelty towards dressed up cats.

Good Day Sir's!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.