Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Crafting Guide

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Xyber

Are you new to MMO's and don't know anything about crafting? Don't let this stop you from experience half the fun in GW2!

Crafting in Guild Wars 2 consists of 8 different crafting disciplines.

• Amorsmith
    • Leatherworker
    • Tailor
    • Weaponsmith
    • Huntsman
    • Artificer
    • Jeweler
    • Chef

This image shows you what you actually can craft with these different disciplines.

No Caption Provided

You character can specialize in 2 different disciplines at the same time, but you are free to switch to a new one at any point. All you progress you have done as an armorsmith for example will always be saved even if you switch it out for a new one. It does cost to change it, 10 copper per crafting level to be precise (40 silver when you've reached max crafting level).

You should be focusing on different disciplines depending on what class you are playing. Jeweling is the one thing everyone should level up though since accessories isn't class specific like some other things.

If you have any questions like: "I'm playing a Mesmer, what should I focus on?" then look no further!

Dots everywhere!
    Dots everywhere!

Discovering new recipes grants you more experience than just crafting the few the game will give you for leveling up in your discipline. To discover a new item you craft the required components and then combine them with insignias. Here's an example for Armorsmithing.

If you want to craft a boot you first have to craft the Boot Lining and the Boot Panel. After that you craft one of your available insignias. You now have 3 crafting components that you want to combine. To do this you press the anvil up in the left corner of your crafting window. Drag your 3 components in to the 4 empty slots and press craft. You now have a boot!

The advantages to discovering new recipes are that for ever new thing you discover, you get the double amount of experience. So instead of only getting let's say 750 XP for your crafted gear, you will get an additional 750 XP for discovering it. This will make leveling up your discipline really easy.

For a way more in-depth guide on crafting, click on the link below. There's also a bunch of handy info about other stuff there too.

http://gaiscioch.com/tavern/guildwars_crafting/post_35198.html

Go ahead and share your crafting secrets or just ask a question if you have one and there will probably someone who can help you on the right path!

Blomakrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Blomakrans

You should add something more to your post. GB doesn't like link spamming too much.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jesterroyal

Conflicted. Kind of link spam.... Kind of useful. In order to keep this from getting locked down I suggest you create a crafting discussion out of this thread. In the spirit of that. IM A CHEF! And i dont know what else I should do. Any suggestions on something that could be fun?

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RobbieMac

@jesterroyal: I am enjoy the artificer class. You make wands and inscriptions for items, some seem to be quite useful so far.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm so scared to even attempt to craft anything in GW 2. It looks so confusing. And they hardly explain anything. Even looking at this article makes me go blind and shit my pants.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jams

@Lukeweizer said:

I'm so scared to even attempt to craft anything in GW 2. It looks so confusing. And they hardly explain anything. Even looking at this article makes me go blind and shit my pants.

It the easiest thing, just frustrating when you need stupid shit like blood from a monkeys uncle to make some fucking leggings.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

That's an amazing guide.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DerBrick

Here a video showing the basics of crafting. It helped me get the basics down... hope this helps

jasonmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jasonmartin

@DerBrick said:

Here a video showing the basics of crafting. It helped me get the basics down... hope this helps

Yupz this one is very helpful especially for me. I really loved to watch this video and I think its gonna be loved by everyone.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xyber

@Blomakrans: @jesterroyal: All right, improved the starting post. :)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

Is the crafting in Guild Wars 2 like WoW, where every single item has the exact same stats no matter who crafts it? Or is more like SWG, where the quality of resources and/or the crafter's skill level determines item stats?

boxoflawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By boxoflawls

@MB: When I was crafting a bunch of rings to level up my Jewelcrafting profession, the random rings I would make would vary with stats. Such as +5 Toughness vs +6 Toughness. Not sure if it was tied to the level of crafting, or maybe it was something like a critical craft or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.