Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Current WvW rankings

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maystack
    shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By shinboy630

It looks like it could be points per hour judging by the numbers, but who knows. Also, man, Kaineng sucks.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By uniform

Ouch. I knew we were not as good as I thought we were going to be a week into release when we were beating up servers like Anvil Rock, but I had no idea we were this bad.

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onikagei

Not surprised to see henge of Denravi at the top.. They mooshed us into a fine paste when we were matched up with them. at least they did whenever i looked.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silvergun

I wonder how much these numbers will change once the 2-week matches start. I know that my guild, which had a very active and effective WvW presence, has now more or less lost interest with these 24-hour matches. Every day, around the time that the matches reset, the guild chat always turns to 'Are we going to 2 week rotations today?', and I'm pretty sure as soon as those start, we'll have a resurgence of WvW activity.

Should be fun though once things do switch over.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Benny

There's only a 600 point difference between yak's and the top, but a 900 point difference between us and the bottom, so I'd say it's closer than it looks. Yak's is frequently getting double teamed too thanks to some whiners on gw2guru.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By veektarius

@Benny: Could you elaborate on the double-teamed remark?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shinboy630

@Veektarius said:

@Benny: Could you elaborate on the double-teamed remark?

Yeah, I generally don't spend time on guru because I don't like a lot of its community, so I'm curious too.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jesterroyal

Theres also a lot of WvW Exploiting going on in these "better" servers if many of the threads on reddit are to be believed.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shinboy630

@jesterroyal said:

Theres also a lot of WvW Exploiting going on in these "better" servers if many of the threads on reddit are to be believed.

How so? If it is just planning to play at odd times I don't see that as exploiting, but I'm curious what exactly is going on.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pay928
    jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jesterroyal

There was another one a while back that had people using AoE spells to kill (I dont play WvW yet so pardon my terrible terminology) the keep lord? From a chamber below him. Thus killing him without having to actually engage in combat because for some reason the AOE's were glitching through the floor/ceiling. Just weird cheesy ways of doing things and based on the random reddit complaint it seems to be denravi doing it the most consistantly.

Again, all hearsay from my standpoint. That's just what i heard ya'll but it wouldn't surprise me that the dominating servers are partially full of people abusing systems and bugs.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Benny

@shinboy630: @Veektarius: There were threads saying to double team yak's bend because of how dominant the server was in the first few days of the games release. Kinda screwed us over in the next few match ups.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cataphract1014

@jesterroyal said:

I play on Henge. There is a huge alliance of guilds that always have a presence in the zones. I've personally never seen any exploiting and it is definitely not the reason why we dominate.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By makari  Online

The overall rankings don't mean much. They're just for figuring out who will be matched up against whom. There are too many population/timezone discrepancies that will land servers that can field a full 24-hour force above servers that cannot. Eventually the brackets will be as such as those strong consistent high-pop worlds will face each other, and from there you will start to learn your own worlds brackets from who you consistently face. So don't be overly demoralised if your server is below the top 5 or 6, but if you keep losing consistently against the same opponents a few months from now you should worry a little about your worlds performance in wvw.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

"Join Jade Quarry," I said. "It'll be great," I said. But nooooooo.

(Just kidding, bee tee dubs.)

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

For the Mighty Yak!

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By RobbieMac

By Ogden's hammer!

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jozzy

I play on Yak and the amount of whining by some of the self proclaimed "leaders" is getting really annoying. Yes, a lot of people are not being strategically optimal but if this continue people will just stop playing wvw or move to another server. If winning is that important to you then form a guild of like mined people and work together. Or just give orders and hope the zerg follows but don't cry about it forever when they don't.

This 24h thing makes everything very fleeting, why invest a ton of time, gold or effort into defense when it's being reset every 24h.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Subjugation

I know I don't care much about wvw while these 24 hour matches persist, and I suspect many others feel the same way. I mean, by the time you have keeps decently upgrade, supposing you have upgrades going at a pretty consistent clip, the match is about due to end which just feels like you wasted all of that money and karma.

I wish they would elucidate on what those numbers actually mean.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jesterroyal

@Cataphract1014 said:

@jesterroyal said:

I play on Henge. There is a huge alliance of guilds that always have a presence in the zones. I've personally never seen any exploiting and it is definitely not the reason why we dominate.

Im not trying to start a fight with you. Just stating what I've read on reddit as shown EVEN by the portion you quoted. And i dont really care how well you guys are doing. Congratulations on your "domination".

That aside, I'm looking forward to WvW when it settles in to one week battles really soon and turns into a larger scale longer battle. Also stopping retaliation from hitting siege weapons is going to do WONDERS for the balance of the game(thats also being worked on). Thats what I'm really excited for and I for one am glad we aren't in the top because I never have fun being gunned for or being berated because I'm not at the highest level of play. I want to run in, defend a keep, kill some fools, die a few hundred times, then hop out. So cheers to that!

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By makari  Online

@jozzy said:

I play on Yak and the amount of whining by some of the self proclaimed "leaders" is getting really annoying. Yes, a lot of people are not being strategically optimal but if this continue people will just stop playing wvw or move to another server. If winning is that important to you then form a guild of like mined people and work together. Or just give orders and hope the zerg follows but don't cry about it forever when they don't.

This 24h thing makes everything very fleeting, why invest a ton of time, gold or effort into defense when it's being reset every 24h.

This isn't the train of thought you want in a mode that requires your entire world working together to win. If you lash out at people trying to help you by giving you direction then you're going to find that when the matches do start to matter, people still won't follow any directions or leadership. When the matches are two weeks long and your world is ~200k points down after two days because you're a world of headless chickens building rams on walls and firing trebs at pinesouls you are simply going to become a world that gets demoralized and eventually just doesn't bother to show up to WvW and spoil it for everyone on your world that really wants to try to win.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By ajamafalous

Jade Quarry reporting in

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deusx

Yak's Bend represent yo!

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

Are the rewards from 100%-ing a WvW map any different from those of a normal zone map?

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jesterroyal

@makari: I would argue that you don't need to follow the commands of one or two guys just to do well in this mode. Its not my style to be some ego tripper's pawn either so I can see where jozzy is coming from. Its just as useful to fork off and try to capture something that nobody is paying attention to. Your argument snowballs a little bit. Transitively you said: One person not wanting to be bitched at by a self proclaimed leader and tactician turns WvW into a graveyard where nobody plays. I don't think that's the case. All you need to do well is to roll with a few guys and approach things intelligently. I've always found that the free presentation of information is a better motivator than one goober screaming orders then bitching that nobody listens. For example, "The point to the south is being taken" vs "GUYS, GO SOUTH, THE SUPPLY IS BEING TAKEN OMFG HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT." But there's a lot of balancing that is being done and some of it will really punish zerg tactics and reward smaller groups. I think when that happens you wont need a leader screaming about where the great mass of AoE should go next. I say just wait it out and try not to be so stressed about winning. If the brackets work right it should be a good fight every week regardless of where you are in the overall ranking and that's more important to me.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By makari  Online

@jesterroyal: The point of contention is that you are assuming the dynamic of one day matches will translate over to one and two week matches without much difference. Sure, if you're matched up against other disorganized worlds it might work for everyone to remain zerging any capture point they feel like, but in competitive matches this just isn't going to fly, sans the 'everyone is sleeping so we can all-cap'. 'One person not wanting to be bitched at by a self proclaimed leader and tactician turns WvW into a graveyard where nobody plays' is not so far from reality as you might think. When you take a world that is organized and knows strategic importance of certain locations and spends money on siege like they mean it, and a world that runs one or two zergs trying to cap whatever they feel and sometimes don't even carry any supply around let alone blueprints, given equal populations, the zerg is going to lose. And it is going to lose badly. You already see a zerg snowball effect in matches where if the zerg is stopped and counterattacked they don't know what to do and lose half their stuff before they can regroup. Or they will be stuck at throwing a zerg of dead bodies at a defended keep while everyone else caps all around them. And that's against other zerg teams, no less. When you fall ~50k points behind in a 2-week match you just aren't going to make that back with a disorganized zerg against a coordinated world given the same population and playtimes. You're only going to get more behind, and the more behind you get the less people will bother to show up. The less people show up, the more chance the 2-week dynamic of your world going to be 'harass the organized guild we don't want to win' rather than holding claims and winning yourself. It is a little naive to think that, of the hundreds of people required to participate in WvW at a competitive level, that all of them are going to stomach constantly losing and won't consider jumping ship.

Small groups are already rewarded. If you're the one constantly disrupting supply lines and hit-and-run'ing supply camps you are doing your world a huge service, even if they don't realise it. Supply is a HUGE deal in close fought matches and people will be forced to take notice and coordinate beyond the zerg mentality to win against other dominant worlds. I will concede that if all three worlds aren't very good at WvW then the dynamic probably won't change, but already you are seeing discrepancy in scores based on organisation when populations are equal, and as people get better at the game it is only going to become more important. One person not wanting to 'be an ego-trippers pawn' and doing something constructive for their world with a other than run with a zerg with a smaller, tighter group is perfectly fine. One person complaining loudly in team chat that they shouldn't have to coordinate with their team because they are a special snowflake is just not a mentality you want to put out there, because it is contagious. There are good leaders and bad leaders but you won't get anywhere if half your world feels like leadership and team game-plan is not required or a hindrance to their experience. That's the point I'm trying to make.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jesterroyal

We will have to agree to disagree. It seems you put winning above everything else and you seem to think you know exactly the way it must be accomplished. Its just not that important to me. I think the way to play WvW remains to be seen and will change dramatically in the next few months when half the player base drops off. Also, your argument style is a little too dramatic/condescending for my tastes so here is where I bow out. Are you in LF? If so, see ya in game.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jozzy

Anyone knows what happened? Seems like the 24 hours reshuffle has ended I guess, because there is pretty much no WvWvW to be had and surprisingly Yak's is dominating. Spawn camping is the worst, even if you are the one camping it. Did make it easy to get the 100% for the zone :)

Okiludy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Okiludy

I can speak for TOG in the OC timezone. We finally got the money together for our commander and are now running 2 events a week. The first real event was last Sat. and when we started the attack Yak's was in last place and owned nearly nothing. By the end of the event we had taken everything on Yak's Borderlands and pushed into EB. We had yet to climb to the top but we had moved into second and were making more points per cycle than the other servers. What we are attempting to do is give the NA timezone upgraded towers & keeps to work with.

I am that commander and I communicate what TOG is doing in /team and /map. I hope no one ever thinks I am telling or ordering people to do anything. I am saying what the people in the community I am with are going to do. You can either support those actions or do your own thing. It's completely up to you. That same sentiment holds true with some of the other armchair generals I see out there. If what they are doing is working I'll support them. If it's throwing a zerg at a problem and not working as a team I'm out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.