Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Detailed Footage of CE's Rytlock Figure

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

If you're someone who hasn't quite decided whether your hard-earned $150 (or euros or whatever) should be spent on the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition, the folks at GuildMag have posted a short video along with a preposterous amount of photos cataloging the statue of Rytlock Brimstone that's included with every copy.

Methinks the skulls seal the deal.
    Methinks the skulls seal the deal.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

That's a pretty sweet "sword".

Declarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Declarius

@TheHT said:

It is! I have that sword in GW1. Definitely buying, looks great.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By shinboy630

@TheHT said:

Nothing beats the good old FDS

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The Fiery Dragon Sword is still in GW2 as well.. if you were a GW1 player :P

No Caption Provided

The statue looks great, really high quality stuff, but it's still just too expensive for my tastes. I'd have preferred a cheaper version with the artbook and soundtrack by no statue. I just don't need something that will sit on a shelf and collect dust, at best.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@WinterSnowblind said:

The Fiery Dragon Sword is still in GW2 as well.. if you were a GW1 player :P

Please explain. Linked by ANet account? Is there a date by which you have to have a GW1 account to get the bonuses?

I never touched GW1 but GW2 looks very promising, and I'm sure the sword isn't much more than a Nod to Veterans, still I'd hate to miss out on unique loot.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@SteamPunkJin: If you have the original Guild Wars and it's final expansion Eye of The North (you don't need the other expansions), you get access to a sort of awards system called The Hall of Monuments.

By doing things like collecting rare armour, weapons, finishing main quest lines and capturing pets you get, well, monuments. These monuments are worth points and unlock stuff in GW2 - getting 50 points unlocks all of the carry over content (which come generally in the form of goodies for your gw2 character). The Fiery Dragon Sword is one of these unlockables (you need 10 points).

Here's the demo of how the HoM works; Link

Here's the calculator main page; Link

Here's the faq; Link

ED: As to HOW it carries over, I'm not 100%, but I believe you link your old account and the new one during account creation (user name based, probably)

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mazik765

That's a beautiful model. My only complaint is the see through fire on the sword. Looks a little too toyish while the rest looks very realistically painted (well as realistic as a giant cat person can be). I will certainly be getting the CE for this.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @mazik765: They mention at the beginning of the article that the final version has been slightly recolored, so it's possible the FDS is murkier.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mazik765

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@mazik765: They mention at the beginning of the article that the final version has been slightly recolored, so it's possible the FDS is murkier.

Yeah, now that I check the one they have shown on their website looks way better. Hopefully that is more akin to the final version we will receive.

Onineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onineko

Tbh, i wonder to have a Sylvari figue instead of Charr, but this one looks great aswell, so i'm still happy of CE ^^ And there is an artbook aswell ^^

Raios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raios

So tempting, I really want to convince myself I don't need it, but that would look really nice next to my Alduin figure...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.