Guild Wars 2 Beta Livestream - Tune in this Friday!

#1 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

Guild Wars 2 Beta Livestream - Tune in this Friday!

Hello all!

I would like to let everyone know that Lincoln Force (the GB GW2 guild) will be live streaming Guild Wars 2 beta footage this Friday. This is from the Weekend Event generally only accessible to people who have pre-purchased the game.

We welcome you to tune in if you want to see more of this game or otherwise have nothing else to do!

Watch us on Twitch.tv/Dourin

Friday, 8th of June: 6pm PDT | 9pm EDT | Saturday 1am GMT | 11am Australian EST

Featured Content

This show will feature mainly World vs World content (the epic scale PvP + PvE areas of GW2 literally pitting thousands of players against one another for control of an enormous map). However, we will also be accepting user submissions of what you want to see - this could include the starting areas, some interesting sights to see, character creation / personal story and Structured PvP.

Hosting the event will be The Lincolncast crew (from our weekly Guild Wars 2 Podcast), , , & along with other well known faces (and fresh ones!) from around the GB Guild Wars 2 forums.

This is all, of course, barring technical difficulties - and if we can't stream the game then we will stream a live podcast instead.

So! Post what you would like to see below - and if you'll be in the event, join us!

#2 Posted by RobbieMac (534 posts) -

oh boy, this is so exciting.

#3 Edited by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

This is a pretty awesome idea. I'll try and get my giant charr ass on camera whenever I can.

#4 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3170 posts) -

I sound like a broken record, I know, but I'm not able to chat with you guys just yet. I'll definitely make an attempt to WvW with the guild though, and we'll see just how much punishment my PC can take.

@Aronman789 said:

giant charr ass

Mmmm. What?

#5 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

I wouldn't have minded joining the chat, but now that I'm back home for the summer, talking about guild wars in the middle of the night probably wouldn't please people trying to sleep haha. I'll definitely join in with the playing though.

#6 Posted by Grome (16 posts) -

Im there!!! Love WvWvW thats where my character is going to live!! :-P Sounds great. Now friday just needs to hurry up. I want to play!!!!

#7 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

GET HYPE!

#8 Posted by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

Excited to discuss random shit with you!

#9 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Virtua Charvis isn't a very small fellow

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Get ready to see this one wrecking faces:

And the WvW statistics looking like this again (the pie chart obviously):

#11 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

You guys have done an amazing job preparing all this stuff. I still don't have a mic but Ill definitely be joining everyone in-game.

#12 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

Just to let everyone know how things will be rolling;

• It will be myself, , , and one other (probably ) as the casters for the event - so we'll be commenting on what everyone else will be doing and answering questions from the chat / talking about GW2 news while you guys play the game and Dourin acts as the cinematic camera.
  • On the in-game side of things, I would like and at least one other person - preferably someone with voice (eg. ) running the actual event on the Mumble server.
  • For you who will be playing along, expect to meet up 2-3 hours before hand for some setup (which is just playing some WvW) and getting on Mumble / establishing some semblance of order. ED: Of course, you can pretty much show up whenever if you can't make the start.
  • The Mumble chatter wont be on the stream, and dourin subsequently cant hear any of it so will be helping out by passing him any important info as to what Noob and Robbie are planning to do tactically.

I hope everyone has a whole bunch of fun - and I hope we actually get some viewers. Worst case (aside from not being able to do the show if something goes horribly wrong on Dourin's side), I'll post the archive to the podcast RSS / iTunes.

Please respond to me here or via PM , if you can confirm that you'll be there to organise stuff in-game.

#13 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

It's gonna be awesome! We should look for this mini-dungeon in WvW and the 'dark room.' There's also a hidden jumping puzzle in WvW though it wont be as interesting to watch.

#14 Edited by Bollard (5292 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: @Benny: I expect to see some serious jumping puzzle action! All the commentary up in that.

Also could Dourin at least listen to the stream in the background? Just a thought, it'd be hella delayed but he could hear us at least then in game.

#15 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

• For you who will be playing along, expect to meet up 2-3 hours before hand for some setup (which is just playing some WvW) and getting on Mumble / establishing some semblance of order.

So you mean straight up everyone, or just the people doing commentary and leading WvW?

#16 Edited by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

I'm so down for this, although sadly I don't know if I can make it for the start. I will definitely be on at some point though.

#17 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Subjugation: Everyone!

I mean, you dont "HAVE TO BE THERE THREE HOURS BEFORE HAND OR ELSE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - but if you want to play more WvW than what is done on the show, then you can meet us there before hand. We'll be there from 3pm pdt setting up (at minimum I will).

There's no pressure if you're not casting - just show up whenevs and have some fun.

@Chavtheworld: Using the program he has, everything Dourin hears will be broadcast so he simply can't be on the mumble on his broadcasting rig (he's the one running the show).

Also, he doesn't have a second PC (eg a laptop) so he cant do a one-ear-here, one-ear-there thing. As such, Benny will be pivotal to making sure he's informed - it may be as simple as whispering to him in game (so people on the stream can see what is happening and neither have to alt tab) or informing us on skype chat.

But he'll obviously be able to hear all the game noise and us talking cos those will be what he's broadcasting.

#18 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: I can make it about ~3 hours before the event starts to organize.

#19 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: 3pm pdt is about 11pm uk time I believe. I can definitely be there for that.

Also, the amount of effort you're putting into this, and all other guild activities is astounding. Really great job. :)

#20 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3170 posts) -

Yeah, cynic really goes the extra mile with these projects. Makes everyone else look bad (hint, hint).

#21 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Maystack: @Dark_Lord_Spam:

Lol, I just hope we have people watching us live this week

<_<

>_>

Would be a huge bummer if noone shows, but I've already decided to get the archive, do some small edits and put it up on the RSS as the podcast ep for the week, so nothing shall go to waste.

#22 Posted by RobbieMac (534 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: What would this be our time? I am conversion impaired.

@selfconfessedcynic: Yeah I don't mind helping organize/coordinate the zerg.

#23 Posted by Bollard (5292 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: You can upload straight from Twitch to Youtube I believe so will that just become the Youtube version of the podcast for the week?

#24 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: Maybe? depends what we can put together for the broadcast.

I may end up doing some light edits on my end of things, so will require a re-upload, but (for example) we could get the lincolncast podcast image up as a splash as the show starts and make a good job of the intro on our first pass or so, then the stream could be useable.

#25 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

I have now uninstalled Diablo 3, so fuck yeah am I prepared for some GW2 (and to look for a new job)

MY BODY IS SO FUCKING READY.

@RobbieMac: I believe it is 9pm your time to make the start of the show (normal podcast recording time).

#26 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@RobbieMac said:

@No0b0rAmA: What would this be our time? I am conversion impaired.

@selfconfessedcynic: Yeah I don't mind helping organize/coordinate the zerg.

3 p.m. I believe.

#27 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: @RobbieMac: Yup, 3PM for the start of the beta itself, the show goes live 6 hours after that (both Toronto / Canada eastern time).

Remember to update your clients guys, I just got 30 more megs.

(man, you know I'm pumped if I'm posting to report something like that)

#28 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

I have now uninstalled Diablo 3

Whhhyyyyyyyy???! They can live in harmony!

#29 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Subjugation: Because I got to act 2 inferno and needed to farm a couple of million gold to upgrade my gear to any semblence of decent >_> - not worth my time (don't start me on the topic - though, I guess it's easy to farm as a Wizard, but I lost the "fun" of it).

Oh, and GW2 is just better. : P (no bias there AT ALL)

#30 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: I agree on GW2 being better (my opinion obviously) but we have such limited time with it at the moment. I need something to fill the gaps in between and this provides a delightful way for me to see how many minutes it takes for me to start screaming at my monitor (Act 2 Inferno also, Barbarian :/ ). Maybe I'm just used to doing the grind thing since I came from previous Blizzard products *cough*WoW*cough*.

I vote that GW2 just gets released soon so I can devote my time to the superior product.

#31 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Subjugation: Man - to get to where I wanted to be (about 65-70k damage, 500+ natural resists so I can use force armour instead of prismatic, and about 35-40k health) I would have needed about... 40mil for the gear all up?

You can make about 400k/hour very easily by doing Jar runs or try your hand at multi-playering to Seigebreaker in Act 3 to see if you can magic find some 1k damage weapons and pawn them off for 3-6mil each. Either way the prospects for me hitting that dream build above were fucking low without some SERIOUS farming.

So I moved on. Time to start some of my backlog - like phoenix wright 2 and 3, or dark souls or Batman AC or Uncharted 3.... uno, games which don't make me mad.

Anyway.

GW2's release can't come soon enough (I'll miss having a go-to game for when I only have like an hour or two to blow).

#32 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic Same here, I'm gonna work through the backlog which includes witcher 2, bastion, amnesia etc. then hope GW2 is released soon after!
#33 Posted by RekIvan (18 posts) -

First time poster, long time reader.

Looking forward to the Live Stream, as not all of us got a Beta Key, Yet are avid Guild Wars 2 Fans.

Still undecided on Necro or Guardian, hopefully some further gameplay will help me decide.

David. Uk.

#34 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3170 posts) -

@RekIvan said:

First time poster, long time reader.

Looking forward to the Live Stream, as not all of us got a Beta Key, Yet are avid Guild Wars 2 Fans.

Still undecided on Necro or Guardian, hopefully some further gameplay will help me decide.

David. Uk.

Awesome to hear. You should go sign up for the Giant Bomb guild if you want to play with the community once you pick up a copy (or get a beta key).

#35 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@selfconfessedcynic: I agree on GW2 being better (my opinion obviously)

Facts aren't opinions.

Valve is taking their sweet time with CS GO too. I don't have anything to play right now either.

#36 Edited by Bollard (5292 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: @RobbieMac: Yup, 3PM for the start of the beta itself, the show goes live 6 hours after that (both Toronto / Canada eastern time).

Remember to update your clients guys, I just got 30 more megs.

(man, you know I'm pumped if I'm posting to report something like that)

I'm glad I'm casting and not meant to be playing cause I made the colossal mistake of missing the 5GB patch from earlier this week ahaha. Oh dear.

#37 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Hey guys. Servers are live.

#38 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

@Subjugation: Hell yes. Was hoping they'd be early like they were last time. Just logged in.

#39 Posted by Grome (16 posts) -

Looks like yaks bend is full! Ahh well :-P

#40 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Grome: The game isn't supposed to be live yet, so hopefully people free up the server as the day progresses.

ED: As it is free to change servers for this first day.

#41 Posted by Bollard (5292 posts) -

We live now! Gogogo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.