Guild Wars 2 info comes fast and hard, just like you're about to.

#1 Edited by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

There isn't much else to say besides that, really. I haven't read the entire article but I was instructed by mod and fellow leather enthusiast Hamz to make a topic ASAP. What I have seen is amazing. Read read read read read read gogogogogogogo!  

I'll post impressions later mayhap. 

Edit: meant to post this in the GW2 forum, don't know what happened. Whatever. 

Edit: fellow butter-lover Hamz moved it as I wrote this, wiggidy.

#2 Posted by Khann (2761 posts) -

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

In this case, it comes in the shape of Guild Wars 2.

#3 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1159 posts) -

The only important design choice is whether or not it's still free of monthly fees.

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
@ColumnBreaker: Yes. Yes it is (free of monthly fees.) 
#5 Edited by Khann (2761 posts) -

Guild Wars 2 is beautiful.

However,  this is more beautiful: 

#6 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

Can't wait! love the new design elements they are implementing and how social and rewarding the game play is going to be. If there is a beta coming anytime soon, I NEED to sign up.

#7 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Ive still never played Guild wars- despite me having wanted to for a long long time

#8 Posted by Khann (2761 posts) -

Hey guys, let's get serious for a moment.

Do you think the world is heading towards a dark, dark place?

Guild Wars 2 says no.  Everything else says yes.

So confused,

Alcohol.

Only solution.

#9 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -

Whoah. If they implement all the things they talk about in the article well... this is going to be a very very awesome game. CAN'T WAIT AAAAAAAAAA

#10 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

I NEED THIS GAME TO LIVE

#11 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

This game is going to be awesome... I hope.

#12 Posted by septim (774 posts) -

Sounds really good. It also sounds like what they were promising for the first game. And I found Guild Wars to be tedious as hell.

Here's hoping they get it right this time.

#13 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I came hard and slow.

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic about whether what they've mentioned in the manifesto will ever actually appear in the final product on release day in the way described or if at all. But still extremely interested and looking forward to the final product. Definitely on the list of games to keep an eye out for!

#15 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

Give me more mana for my Warrior/Elementalist and shit's going to break.

#16 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
@Cube: DAMN YOU CUUUUBE. 

@Hamz: I have extreme faith in ArenaNet as developers. If it can't all be there at launch you can bet something better will be integrated in for free 2 months down the line after release along with a full balance patch, because that's what they do best.
#17 Edited by Metl (15 posts) -
#18 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

I played a ton of the original GW, while it was nice and all, and big instances, it really lacked in end game content ( this was before all the expansions and such) I haven't touched it in years, but im interested in seeing GW2, and maybe even trying it

#19 Posted by quantumshift5 (415 posts) -

Guild Wars info huh, well, its not as hard or fast like Brannigan's Law:)
#20 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

@quantumshift5:  you mean like Brannigans Love

#21 Posted by quantumshift5 (415 posts) -
@Bam_D_Leprechaun:
lol, thanks for catching that.
#22 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Oh man.

"  If a Stone Elemental throws a boulder at you, pick it up and throw it back. Or as an Elementalist, use that boulder to create a meteor storm.  "

This sounds ridiculous.
#23 Posted by W1SSY (40 posts) -
#24 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

Another hyped MMO.

#25 Posted by ScubaStoobie (135 posts) -

Dude I'm just desperately hoping my current computer can run it. I played the original for years and loved it so much. Does it mention a subscription fee? That would be a letdown. Either way this will kick an unimaginable amount of ass.

#26 Posted by Sh4ft3d (134 posts) -
#27 Posted by Stuart444 (17 posts) -
#28 Edited by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

A link round-up of several interviews and news posts about ArenaNet's Dynamic Events system, the aspect of the game they focused on this week, has been thrown up at their website. Thought I'd bump this with a bit more information. It sounds fantastic. Enjoy. 

http://www.arena.net/blog/link-roundup-dynamic-events

#29 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -

fingers crossed for this one.
#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

funny title

#31 Posted by AustinHealeyCar (2 posts) -

It is  beautiful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.