Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guild Wars 2 Limited Beta Test Begins Today!

Nihilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

Quite envious. So very envious.

On second thought. I kinda like the tantric lack of release, when I'm hyped for a game.

Waiting 14 days on my delayed copy of Skyrim sent my 'Gamer's Virility' through the roof. Bought and finished like 3-4 games during the wait.

P.S. Love that pic.A giant surfaces and will take that foolish mortal unawares and grip his interest for the remainder of his life. I am ready to be taken.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler

Only excited because it gets us closer to launch but don't want to get in. I want a whole fresh experience when the full game comes out and I've been keeping away from gameplay videos for that sole purpose too.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Subjugation

Just one step closer to public beta weekends.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I'm preparing for the ill-conceived criticism that will occur in comments when different media outlets mention things they think should be tweaked.

EDIT:

In a Dev Update right here on the ArenaNet Blog, Lead Designer Eric Flannum will discuss some of the changes players experienced during this beta weekend event. Plus, we’ll have some very specific information about an upcoming Guild Wars 2 beta event – I guarantee you will not want to miss it!

This is everything I love and more.
    Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maystack

Are any of the Bombsquad in the beta do we know?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Benny

@Maystack: they might not be able to say until monday, though I hope Jeff would be.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maystack

@Benny: Yeah if any of them would, I'm guessing it'd be Jeff.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Benny said:

@Maystack: they might not be able to say until monday, though I hope Jeff would be.

Other outlets have been able to reveal whether they got in, so although it'd be awesome to hear the opinions of someone from GB it's not looking like likely at this point.
    shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By shinboy630

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Benny said:

Other outlets have been able to reveal whether they got in, so although it'd be awesome to hear the opinions of someone from GB it's not looking like likely at this point.

I'm hoping for a surprise GW2 Quick Look of the beta, although I think it is highly unlikely.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Subjugation

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Benny said:

I have to agree. Also, from what I've seen, none of them are particularly MMO savvy. Jeff sounds like he is the closest thing to the "MMO guy" on staff just by sheer volume of MMOs he's tried, but he always acts like it's a chore for him. Rorie did Cataclysm coverage when it came out though, so my guess is he might be the most dedicated MMO guy at Whiskey considering that he had an account with multiple characters to show off. I wouldn't be opposed to having him do some coverage on GW2, although I think he would gravitate to a Ranger because "OMG PUPPIES!"

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Subjugation: The couple of times they've mentioned GW2 in passing Jeff has seemed especially excited for it - hell, he even built that PC for it in a 2010 Tested feature - but then when he talked about it again in December he seemed confident that it was as heavily instanced as the first game. So I don't think they have been or will be keeping up with it until right around release. Hopefully we'll get intensive impressions then.
    SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

This game will no doubt get me back into MMO's, goodbye my social life I worked so hard for after wow

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Subjugation

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Oh wow, you're totally right. I went back and watched the beginning of that video again because I thought he was calling that his Battlefield 3 machine, but he totally says Guild Wars 2 right after. Well at least it's on his radar. I know Brad also got into WoW a fair bit, and Vinny dabbled, but I don't know if they ever touched GW or have a passing interest in GW2. I'm sure there won't be any shortage of coverage with things ramping up into the final phase, but I agree that it would be nice to have the guys from GB cover it with their unique brand.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

Feels like only yesterday Guild Wars 2 popped onto my radar when they revealed gameplay way back when. They grow up so fast.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dezztroy

Jeff liked Guild Wars back in the day, so I'm sure he's as excited for GW2 as the rest of us.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow if any of the GB guys were given beta access.

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By smiddy

On several occasions when Jeff has got to talking about MMO's he's gone on to mention how Guild Wars did things in a good way. Especially when it came to the lack of a monthly fee, good expansions and instancing methods.

It does seem as though if Giant Bomb were in the beta they should have been able to talk about it, but unless we're going to get a surprise Quick Look it looks as though they either didn't participate in it or we'll hear about it on the Bombcast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.