Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Guild Wars 2 OST Available for Purchase

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

You know that Jeremy Soule guy? No? Well, he does some pretty cool music. He's also doing a bunch of music for Guild Wars 2 (in fact, a lot of music in GW2 is from his GW1 soundtracks). You can buy a collection of it now if you click here.

No Caption Provided
    Coincidentally, this doesn't appear to be the same thing as the "Best of Guild Wars 2" CD that comes packaged with the Collector's Edition. That seems to me (as someone who bought the CE) to be sort of crummy. I feel like the value in that box is shrinking before I even get the chance to hold it.

So, gonna buy it? Wait for a price drop? Avoid it entirely and switch all of your in-game music to dub-step?
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ergh, same thing as normal for me - I just hate physical CDs.

Any news on a digital release of either?

ED: Oh, and in the end I actually turn off all sound for games once I've played them long enough to go by visual indicators alone (and playing a ranged tank - aka rifle warrior - makes people sneaking up behind me not much of an issue)

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

Definitely buying this, big fan of Jeremy Soule. Pretty cool that he will be signing them as well if you order now.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @selfconfessedcynic: That's what I ended up doing in the original Guild Wars after about two years of play. Still switched it back on for stuff like significant content updates (EotN, Beyond) and holiday celebrations. And in the GW2 system I can use the mechanics they have in there at launch to spice up the soundtrack with whatever incongruous bullshit I want without feeling guilty!

No official word on other releases. But Direct Song is, I think, a primarily digital platform. Since this is clearly being posed as a limited run (with Soule's signature and whatnot), I'd imagine a digital version might be put out there sometime in the month up to the game's launch.
    Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maystack

Saw this in reddit, it's a bit too pricey for my liking. I'll wait for a digital version/price drop.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zyn

I will buy this, if it becomes available on iTunes.

Tarkhein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tarkhein

Skyrim still doesn't have a digital download, I'm doubting Guild Wars 2 will either.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zyn

@Tarkhein said:

Skyrim still doesn't have a digital download, I'm doubting Guild Wars 2 will either.

Damn :(

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By shinboy630

I bought the signed Skyrim set, and it was totally worth it. I get most of my music digitally as well, but there is something cool (albeit nerdy cool) about having it sit on my shelf and show off the signature. I bought all of the GW1 music, so I feel obligated to get this as well.

For the record I find it kind of funny that Jeremy Soule did the music for a lot of the Humongous Entertainment games I played growing up, and here I am 15 years later about to buy another game/soundtrack of his.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @shinboy630: "Putt-Putt travels through tiiiiiiii-iiime."
    NayofTheEther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NayofTheEther

I am always enthralled with his music, I'll probably buy it. Few composers can reach the depth of emotion and raw power he puts into his music. That alone entices me to buy it. Plus I feel bad for having a friend burn me a copy of the old GW music xD I probably won't actually play this music at home, but I do a lot of traveling so I'll be blasting it in my car all the time haha. So if you hear someone blasting Jeremy Soule at a red light, wave, it's probably me lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.