ArenaNet (specifically, "The Guild Wars 2 Team") has just posted instructions on how to carry over your character names from Guild Wars to the sequel.
- because of the naming conventions in the first game, no one-word names can be reserved
- in order for your names to be reserved, you must at least once log in to Guild Wars between January 1, 2012 and the compilation of the "name reservation list"
- before the list is put together, a notice will be issued
- names that have been reserved by Guild Wars players can be claimed at any time during the head-start period or on launch day
- after launch day, all unclaimed names will be freed for use
Sort of useless for me, given I don't plan to reuse any old names and the only new one I'm worried about is a one-worder. Is this helpful for any of you, GW1 veterans?