Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Incoming sPvP Updates

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

ArenaNet's Jonathan "Chaplan" Sharp has taken to the news blog to lay out additions to structured PvP that'll be coming in the next few weeks, along with his team's longer-term goals for that game mode.

• Paid automated tournaments will differ from the currently available free tournaments in that they require a tournament ticket (gotten through free tournament rewards, ranking up, and the gem store) to access and will pay out increased rewards - including a handful of gems for 1st and 2nd place.
    • Custom arenas are essentially rented servers complete with options for password gating, customized map rotations, and scrimmaging. More info to come in a later blog post.
    • Leaderboards, spectator mode, live-streaming options, and larger tournaments are hinted to be in the production pipeline, but we shouldn't expect them quite as soon.

I'm just going to go ahead and float the idea for a [BOMB]-run server here.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UssjTrunks

Finally some PvP love! I wonder what currency will be used to rent the servers.

What I'd also like to see added at some point in the future is support for custom maps. I think it would enhance the longevity of the game quite a bit.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jesterroyal

They were intentionally cagey about the currency for server renting. I wouldn't be surprised if it was gems/karma but mainly gems.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pay928

It'll probably be gems since you can get gems from paid tournaments.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard

When this stuff hits I will try my hardest to get away from Uni stuff and get back into the game!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UssjTrunks

@pay928 said:

It'll probably be gems since you can get gems from paid tournaments.

That makes sense.

Bahloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bahloo

@Chavtheworld said:

When this stuff hits I will try my hardest to get away from Uni stuff and get back into the game!

Don't. But do.

I would give a lot to have people around for tourneys finally. But Uni is a lot more important. Hmm.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Bollard

@Bahloo said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Don't. But do.

I would give a lot to have people around for tourneys finally. But Uni is a lot more important. Hmm.

I will. But I won't :P

Hopefully I can join ya. We'll see how much work I have!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Benny

@Chavtheworld said:

@Bahloo said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Don't. But do.

Same here duders!

Bahloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bahloo

Well I am glad med school is starting next week. That just really opens up my schedule...

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Benny said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Bahloo said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Don't. But do.

Same here duders!

Fuckin... count me in! Till 3am anyway.

And maybe on weekends.

Fuck, we need to do some paid tourneys. Anyway - message me on Steam if you have a spot open. I'm currently rewatching some old Endurance Runs between doing stuff for work, so I should be free : )

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UssjTrunks

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Benny said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Bahloo said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Don't. But do.

Same here duders!

Fuckin... count me in! Till 3am anyway.

And maybe on weekends.

Fuck, we need to do some paid tourneys. Anyway - message me on Steam if you have a spot open. I'm currently rewatching some old Endurance Runs between doing stuff for work, so I should be free : )

Despite what they say, school is definitely not cool. I'm down for a few hours on Fridays/weekends as well (not this weekend though). Likewise, message me on Steam if anyone is organizing something (name = Chlamydia). It would be great if we can get a day going for PvP (especially when the paid tournies come out).

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pay928

If you guys ever need a last person, I'd be up for this type of sPvP/tPvP. Not in BOMB but can whisper/add "hazard". Did a LOT of WoW pvp and definitely like premades more than pugs.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Paid tournaments are now live. Also, I'm not sure of the credibility, but someone seems to think that we'll be getting a MOBA game-type in PvP soon.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By UssjTrunks

John Peters has answered a few questions while running around in the Heart of the Mists. He revealed some juice tidbits including talking about some of the upcoming patch notes. He revealed that the patch notes will be almost 5 pages long and includes lots of bullet points for Rangers and Mesmers as well as a huge number of bug fixes. The full list and bonus picture can be found on Reddit posted by iomegadrive1 (give them some Karma love).

According to Jon Peters in the mists a few hours ago:

• The profession part of the upcoming patch notes is roughly 5 pages long.
    • ~16 bullet points for rangers.
    • ~30 bullet points for engis.
    • Mesmers saw the fewest number of changes.
    • “Tons” of bug fixes.
    • “Some” balance changes.
    • Portal is a cool ability that’s important to the game but has some problems (whatever that means from their perspective idk).
    • The ability to use custom dyes in pvp is possibly coming in a December patch.
    • Broken treb and lord announcements should be fixed soon.
    • Target of target and player cast bars are low priority but something they might look at in the future.
    • Probably no hope of ever letting us disable the terrible skill queue.
    • Custom rankings, obs mode, etc. all “on the way” (as usual).”

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/john-peters-does-an-impromptu-interview-in-the-mists/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.