Is the beta launcher will work for the release?

#1 Posted by Darklight (207 posts) -

Sorry if this question was already answered but I can't find any info on this right now. If I update the launcher I used for the beta will it work at release or do I have to download it again?

Also I did not follow the news on the game but do anyone know if they released a feature to link the GW2 account to an other GW1 account? To be more precise, i had 2 GW 1 account and I linked on the wrong one when I bought GW2. When I asked support about this a while ago they said it is something they were working on but I never saw the option on the site.

#2 Posted by TheHT (10262 posts) -

The same launcher will work.

I'm not sure about the account linking.

#3 Edited by RobbieMac (534 posts) -

Yeah just keep updating your launcher and that is what will be used at release.

As for your other account, I am not sure. I would suggest either live chatting with an employee since I found that to be extremely useful and quick when I had issues. They helped me work out my problem.

#4 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

the beta launcher will update the game to the current version. So yeah if you still have the beta client, it will update to retail.

#5 Posted by Turkalurch (197 posts) -

Launcher of the beta is should be release working launcher yes.

#6 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2949 posts) -

I'm not sure if it's implemented yet, but it's been said that people who didn't link a GW1 account when they created their GW2 account will have the opportunity to do so. I imagine that means you'll be able to change what's hooked up on your end, too, though as others have said: the best way to find out is to contact support directly.

#7 Posted by Benny (1937 posts) -

That thing that lets you link your guild wars 1 account is on the way and will probably be announced this week along with a glut of other information they said would be released throughout this week.

#8 Posted by Darklight (207 posts) -

Alright! Thank for the help guys, appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.