ArenaNet's official event page has just been updated with info on the slightly less-momentous-than-its-predecessors January update to the game. Primarily a systems/feature update, it will include:
- Hints of a larger story that will unfold over several monthly updates (Jormag vs. Primordius?).
- For the week of January 28th to February 4th, the current eight-team paid sPvP tournaments will be replaced with two-team, single-round tournaments which will all take place on the newish Temple of the Silent Storm map. After that, Temple will be added to regular tournament rotation.
- Daily achievements will now change every day of the week, and more convenient achievement tracker is also coming.
- Daily and monthly achievements will now reward the "laurel" currency, which for now may be exchanged for things like ascended gear and infusions.
- 5 utility infusions and 30 ascended-tier amulets are being added to the game.
- Guesting is (finally) coming!!! Go read ArenaNet's blog post or my too-long summary for additional details.
- Nebulous "improvements" are also coming to WvW performance, dynamic level adjustment, and the UI.
- A bunch more stuff in the gem store so they can keep the lights on over there. Speaking of which, I'll just leave you with this...