Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Keep an eye on your personal story quest progress

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jesterroyal

I've been complaining lately because it seems like I've not had a personal story quest in 10 or 15 levels. Turns out that I haven't. My game (and many other people's games) have encountered a bug that forces your game to skip during big story decisions. I wanted to share this because I had no clue it was a bug. If you are like me, then you just follow the green star and don't pay attention to the level requirements until the instance gate tells you to find something else to do for a few levels. So keep an eye on your story quests at level 30, 40, and 70. (Big decision points). There's a report thread on the Guild Wars Forum that I would encourage you to enter your information on if you run into this issue. It does make leveling much more of a grind and the game as a whole much less fun. So if you run into this problem please report it so that the GW team can find a fix. Until then keep an eye on your progress and make sure if you do skip you take notice.

onikagei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By onikagei

I've not had this issue but i always made sure i was level appropriate as i found that some of the story quests were brutally difficult compared to others.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Actually, it's (very unfortunately) the opposite. ArenaNet had to fix some bugged personal story steps that were blocking progress, but the only way they could get around it it for people who had already locked themselves into the bugged missions was to skip them ahead to the next "chapter" of their story (so about a maximum of 10 skipped levels). Otherwise, every affected person would have been forced to restart completely.

Sorry to hear you ran into the issue, jester.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jesterroyal

It's koo. I wasn't entirely sure of the cause. That's why we have multiple characters. =) Bwahahaha.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

On my second 'serious' character, which I'm sure will happen sometime down line, I will wait 'til I hit max level, before I start my story. And then I'll play it in one swoop - like a singleplayer RPG.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

Good thing I don't bother with the Personal Story stuff.

corpdecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By corpdecker

There is reportedly a bug in the very last personal story quest rewards, you get 5 exotic loot bags but inside them are currently low level junk blues. I'm holding off on finishing mine until they address it. Clearing a single high level map 100% gives you a couple of exotics, surely the epic story quest line is supposed to have usable rewards, especially since they come in exotic loot bags.

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OhHiMk

@corpdecker said:

There is reportedly a bug in the very last personal story quest rewards, you get 5 exotic loot bags but inside them are currently low level junk blues. I'm holding off on finishing mine until they address it. Clearing a single high level map 100% gives you a couple of exotics, surely the epic story quest line is supposed to have usable rewards, especially since they come in exotic loot bags.

Yeah I've been suggesting this to other people as well. At least until they get it fixed and it keeps people busy.

corpdecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By corpdecker

Looks like they finally aknowledged the issue in one of the many bug threads about it :

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers/first#post80140

Hopefully they'll get it fixed by the weekend, but don't finish the quest until you are sure; there's no word on if compensation to those that already finished it would be given.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By shinboy630

@SynticV1 said:

@corpdecker said:

Yeah I've been suggesting this to other people as well. At least until they get it fixed and it keeps people busy.

I opened those bags not knowing they were bugged. Well...shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.