"Leaked" Post-Beta Patch Notes

#1 Edited by arch4non (443 posts) -

Here's the Reddit thread and here's the image.You can find a transcribed version of the notes here.

What has me most interested is "Missiles now fire in the direction of the camera when the player has no target and is holding down the right mouse button (Side note: This is awesome)" as it pretty much guts out the most compelling component of TERA. Some of the other neat updates include a /say command for close proximity chat and a way to boot people out of the WvW siege weapons you built so you can use them if they're occupied.

Unfortunately, flamethrower ooze did not make it. No word on guardian crab.

[Edit] Transcribed notes now in pastebin.

#2 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

Woah - great find, and thanks for linking the transcription. *jumps in*

I'd say the most interesting were;

Chat:

• Local chat (Say) is now very short range. /Shout (/Map) at map range has been added.

Gameplay:

• Only 5 unique combatants can combo with a given combo field.
  • Trait tiers are in [????]
  • Input bindings have been implemented [?]
  • Auto-attacks no longer continue to attack an unselected target [!]
  • Missiles now fire in the direction of the camera when the player has no target and is holding down the right mouse button (Side note: This is awesome)
  • Mouse-looking no longer drives a characters movement unless they’re executing an upper body skill [!]
  • Start Auto Tournaments as soon as there are enough rosters ready (and send out a countdown when the match is about to start) [!!!]
  • WvW travel is free [!]

Input Bindings:

• There are now distinct left and right shift keys
  • Extended mouse buttons work now [!]

WvW:

• Skill point challenges added [!!]

My additions ( [!] and [?] ) are arbitrary, but convey what I think to some extent.

#3 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Some of these are great changes. Mainly WvW travel being free, because fuck walking.

#4 Edited by gike987 (1758 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: Trait tiers probably limit traits to specific tiers on the trait lines. So you can't just put 10 points into a trait line and use its best major traits. Input binding probably has to do with this.

• Characters can no longer jump if the jump state doesn’t exist

No more sit/sleep jumping. They have to put in a /dance command soon.

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

@gike987:

For traits, my response is : (. It makes sense, but it still sucks - I am hoping they mean a level based unlocking system, though of course, we're both speculating here.

If the input stuff meant that they're putting in toggle keys - FUCK YEAH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Once again though, "IF".

Finally, I'm with you on sleep jumping - though I wish they'd left this for later to fix.

#6 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3387 posts) -

So how do those people who lamented the lack of GvG feel about the new sPvP map with "guild lords"?

Man, being an insane perfectionist, I got irresponsibly excited while reading though this list. Highlights that haven't been mentioned:

• some form of top-tier crafting with the Mystic Forge?
  • sylvari glow (garishly neon characters here I come)
  • WvW tweaks
  1. siege weapon ownership solves the gun-jacking dilemma I was worried about
  2. team names for your handle seem like a cool server pride thing
  3. wonder if any of the WvW skill points will have PvP objectives, or if they'll all be environment/NPC-based
  • sounds like there's a new interface for picking up your achievement/completion/other rewards, so no more ignored bonus chests
  • interested to see what this new PvP currency can buy, and how rank will influence it
  • HINTS!! are perhaps the in-depth tutorial system that the game so desperately needs
#7 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

No more sit-jumping in future beta's then? Darn.

Hints sound like a good addition, the last beta through several things at you with absolutely zero explanation (crafting, harvesting materials, etc). They should help a lot.

#8 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3387 posts) -

This quote about the new trait tiers is evidently from the same forum that the rest of the info is from:

Let me explain. Every trait line have three major trait slots. When you put 10 points into a line and unlock a major trait slot you get to choose trait 1-4. the next slot you can choose 1-8 and the last you can choose 1-12.

I suppose this is meant to encourage increased specialization the further you go down a line.

#9 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

The trait tiers actually make way more sense, and are what I expected when I first read about tiers. Doesn't really matter to my build, as I planned on speccing all the way down two lines.

#10 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

I'm so sad that sit jumping is gone. Oh well.

Not sure how the trait tier will work out, but I guess it'll help some? Not really sure what the intended purpose of that was.

Hope that removal of the extra raycast helps my FPS the next BWE.

#11 Posted by Bollard (5659 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic:

WvW:
  • Skill point challenges added [!!]

Sweet!

Input bindings have been implemented [?]

I presume that just means we can rebind keys?

#12 Posted by shinboy630 (1161 posts) -

"Using items from your bank no longer crashes the server." I never knew that was an issue but my god is that funny.

#13 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

"Using items from your bank no longer crashes the server." I never knew that was an issue but my god is that funny.

They removed that? I demand a refund! (kidding, of course)

#14 Posted by Beaudacious (930 posts) -

Trait Tiers means we can get more kick-ass traits, cause alot of the traits feel like place holders due to complete accessibility with no tier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.