legendary *Spoilers*

#1 Posted by punxotani (17 posts) -

I'm not sure how accurate all of this is since the game isn't even out yet or if this is even post worthy, I'll just blanket spoiler all of it:

I was listening to woodenpotatoes daily countdown on youtube while on the clock when there was mention of bloodstone shards and how it ties to legendaries. value: 200skill points, and you thought elite skills were expensive lol... did a quick google search, found a few wikis with some more info. here's a few links:

during the 2nd bwe i don't remember if this npc was there or not i was too blown away by the game to know what was going on: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Miyani

the item mentions: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_shard

quick video of some of the skins: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/46254-legendary-weapons-preview-and-crafting-informationpictures-video/

I don't know how much of this was already known but i figure this would entertain some. Anyways, endgame much?

#2 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3122 posts) -

Yeah, the ArenaNet devs did a live-stream on endgame a few weeks ago and talked a bit about legendary weapons. The rest of the info you posted was data-mined from the game client. Nothing new, per se, but neat nonetheless. I hadn't seen the skins compilation, anyway.

#3 Posted by punxotani (17 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: yeah i should have noted I was posting with the notion the legendary discussion by the devs was already known. The focus is on the skill points required for the 1/4 pieces needed to create. Also assuming you get all the points from challenges and lving to80 you'll have to level grind a ton. this type of grind i don't mind since you're not competing with guildies in 40/25/10 ppl raids for a singular drop. Im really looking forward to this game.

#4 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

@punxotani said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam: yeah i should have noted I was posting with the notion the legendary discussion by the devs was already known. The focus is on the skill points required for the 1/4 pieces needed to create. Also assuming you get all the points from challenges and lving to80 you'll have to level grind a ton. this type of grind i don't mind since you're not competing with guildies in 40/25/10 ppl raids for a singular drop. Im really looking forward to this game.

Also, the great thing about the skill point drop is that it can be acquired via any method that nets XP (events, map completion, crafting, WvW, etc.).

#5 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Haha I love the sniper rifle. Has a scope and everything.

#6 Posted by Tarkhein (71 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:

Haha I love the sniper rifle. Has a scope and everything.

Doesn't hold a candle to the Whisperer Rifle. Comes with a scope AND a suppressor.

#7 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3122 posts) -

@UssjTrunks: ArenaNet's willingness to troll the people who complained about guns in GW2 is fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.