Legendary Weapons Video Collection Thread

#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Legendaries have been starting to pop up, as a few bugs got ironed out recently, which prevented players from completing their legendary collect-a-thon. The legendaries are unbelievably legendary, and I'm kinda wanting to pick one out, to go after in a casual manner over the course of a year or so - so I have an ultimate goal, when I log into GW2 every now and then.

Videos are still rather sparse and only very few weapons are featured in-depth. Mostly the legendary Greatswords, since that's what players seem to go after first and foremost. So I want to collect vidoes of all legendary weapons in this thread, so overtime there's going to be a nice overview. First off - the official trailer in an embed. The rest I'll just hotlink, to circumvent youtube spam.

1:29 min of Twilight (Greatsword) HD-footage

0:12 min of Sunrise (Greatsword) HD-footage

3:00 min of Sunrise (Greatsword) HD-footage

0:21 min of Incinerator (Dagger) SD-footage

0:36 min of Sunrise (Greatsword) HD-footage
1:09 min of The Dreamer (Shortbow) HD-footage
7:27 min of The Juggernaut (Greathammer) HD-footage
2:05 min of Bifrost (Staff) and Twilight (Greatsword) HD-footage
0:18 min of Bolt (Sword) HD-footage
0:29 min of Biforst (Staff) HD-footage
0:51 min of The Dreamer (Shortbow) HD-footage
0:30 min of Bolt (Sword) HD-footage
4:31 min of The Juggernaut (Hammer) HD-footage
0:44 min of The Moot (Mace) HD-footage 
0:18 min of The Moot (Mace) HD-footage
1:24 min of Kudzu (Longbow) HD-footage 
A video of the rifle the predator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gnNwwuO6w
#2 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

*reserved for a proper 'Best of Each' posting down the line*

#3 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3133 posts) -

Man, I wish there was better footage of the Incinerator. Want to decide if it's worth going to the effort to hook my charr ele up.

#4 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (3133 posts) -

Here's a nice video with mostly Twilight footage, but also a stint from The Bifrost.

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Holy christ, that Twilight greatsword looks amazing.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#7 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

A video of Bolt by its owner popped up. My, it looks epic, but that 'bristeling with power' sound... man, that kinda sours the deal. Maybe I'll go for the warhorn instead. Now if only somebody would build one, for me to see if it's worth it.

#8 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3133 posts) -

@Seppli: As an elementalist with main-hand scepter, I can assure you that the crackling electricity sound gets duller after you ram an ice-pick in both of your ears.

#9 Posted by fetchfox (1217 posts) -

I really want a look at the longbow (my weapon of choice), Kudzu. It looks cool, but how does it play and what animation does it have? Haven't found any videos.

#10 Posted by jesterroyal (347 posts) -

@fetchfox: ask and you shall somewhat receive. This is the only footage I've seen of it. Just stills but the effect is pretty neat. Leave flowers where you walk.

http://imgur.com/a/MgOR0#vCu5M

#11 Posted by fetchfox (1217 posts) -

@jesterroyal: Okey, that's pretty cool. Thanks, I might start working towards it then.

#12 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

The owner of 'The Juggernaut' (Hammer) made an extensive video on the full-armor-dye effect the legendary has on his appearance.

#14 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#15 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Here's the question I've got: can someone get the legendary sword AND the legendary axe? I have grown quite accustomed to using main hand sword and off-hand axe, and I'd hate it if I couldn't get both of them.

#16 Edited by fetchfox (1217 posts) -

@Seppli: Muchas gracias! It looks a bit silly, but stil cool. Might go after it over some time...

#17 Posted by shinboy630 (1132 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Here's the question I've got: can someone get the legendary sword AND the legendary axe? I have grown quite accustomed to using main hand sword and off-hand axe, and I'd hate it if I couldn't get both of them.

If you have the time and money to dedicate to getting both, sure you can.

#18 Posted by jesterroyal (347 posts) -

@jakob187: You realize that what you are suggesting will take more than two million karma and hundreds upon hundreds of gold. (or hours and hours and hours). If you do. Sure! Theres nothing to stop you. Just like shinboy said.

#19 Posted by Twitchy (11 posts) -
#20 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (3133 posts) -
#21 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3133 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.