Lincoln Force [TAG] Poll

#1 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
#2 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -

NOTICE: This poll is not the be-all-end-all for tag selection. This is just here to help your just and even-tempered guild leadership get an idea for what trending in forum popularity. If any of these tags loses the poll but is the clear guild favorite, we'll use that one instead.

It's a good idea to skim this thread for any new suggestions that might inspire more fiery passion in you. The more votes we see for a different tag, the more seriously we'll take those suggestions below.

#3 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

Man - CBSi and BOMB.

Hard to choose.

Fuck it, I'm flipping a LITERAL coin on this one.

heads it's BOMB, tails it's CBSi

heads!

[BOMB] it is.

#4 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

CBSi. I think it's the best choice. That way you get the Lincoln Force name with a second inside joke as the tag.

#5 Posted by Bollard (5560 posts) -

There is only one correct answer guys, cmawn. ;D

#6 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I was only a fan of [CBSi] if the actual name was changed to something relevant. [BOMB] it is!

#7 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

I assume this will not change the tag for the beta guild, correct? Provided they don't wipe everything, obviously.

#8 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I can't believe LF is beating LINC. You guys are crazy.

#9 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
@Maystack: Zero votes for [LINC]? I'm liking this guild more and more.
#10 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Everyone feared your insult.

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: It's not like you introduced bias into the poll or anything ... jussayin'

Aaaannddd apparently I'm a part of the hivemind. I chose the most popular one. Guess I have to throw my internet hipster card out of the window now.

#12 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

CBSi sounds funny from an outsider's (who knows nothing of Giant Bomb) point of view.

#13 Posted by Adaurin (187 posts) -

[GB] ?

#14 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

I voted [BOMB] due to peer pressure.

I like both [LINC] (don't judge me) and [CBSi] a bit more, but [BOMB] just makes the most sense.

#15 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@Adaurin said:

[GB] ?

GB isn't bad, but it doesn't stand out as much as BOMB - and I want our enemies in WvW to fear us.

#16 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Adaurin said:

[GB] ?

GB isn't bad, but it doesn't stand out as much as BOMB - and I want our enemies in WvW to fear us.

4 > 2

#17 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Come on people, change is bad! Let's do the right thing and keep [LINC]

#18 Posted by Patman99 (1585 posts) -

BOMB is the best one. CBSi is topical but kinda silly.

#19 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

Man BOMB is crushing.

#20 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
@RobbieMac said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Everyone feared your insult.

@Subjugation said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam: It's not like you introduced bias into the poll or anything ... jussayin'

I call it "creative social engineering." Anyone who wants to look super dumb is perfectly capable of picking [LINC].
#21 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

When it comes to the tag, there's only two real choices: [Bomb] or [Linc].

[Bomb] would tie it to Giantbomb closer (but by how much is debatable) and the non sequitur of it compared to the Lincoln Force can maybe provide a chuckle here or there...

[Linc] would at least make the guild look more professional with its thematic ties but at that point only people who really know Giantbomb would even be able to guess we have anything to do with the site.

I personally don't care which we go with as I feel both are fine, I think this needs to be another one of them situations where someone just needs to take charge and say what we're picking and have that be that.

Or you could compromise and go [GBLF] or even [GLHB]

EDIT: The bias in the poll is pretty tacky by the way. But I know this isn't serious business so carry on :p

#22 Posted by pekarn (86 posts) -

[LINC] all the way! You guys are crazy.

I feel like [CBSi] would get old really quickly. And [BOMB] just feels stupid (apologies to everyone that voted), it doesn't really tie it to GiantBomb anymore than [GIANT] would (I know you can't have 5 letters, that's not the point). It's the combination of the words Giant and Bomb that makes it special, you could say it's more than the sum of its parts :). I could get behind something like [GB] but [LINC] is still the better choice.

#23 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I think BOMB stands out the most and is more obvious than an acronym or abbreviation. Glad to see it's winning.

#24 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

Voted for LINC but CBSi is damn good too.

#25 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

Wow, after a serious come back by CBSi, it looks like BOMB is still the unassailable champion of this one.

#26 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic: So, do we feel good about making the tag official? I suppose we could always wait until BWE3 starts for a final call.
#27 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

I was thinking [GLHB], only we switch out Batman for Bookah to better suit our purposes. Other than that, my vote's with [BOMB]

#28 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

*checks in with the voting*

Yup, looks like we can make BOMB official - thoughts?

?

#29 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: All steam ahead!

#30 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic: S'good with me.
#31 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: looks good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.