Lincolncast Episode 17 Live - 9pm Eastern, Fri 08-17-12

#1 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

Lincolncast Episode 17 Live - 9pm Eastern, Friday 08-17-12 (or 17-08-12 for us normals)

Hi guys!

I forgot to post this last night so sorry for the short notice - but you're welcome to join us for the live recording of our 17th episode.

I can't promise we'll interact much with the chat during the show, but you'll be seeing our perdy faces in this trial of a video-format and we'll be happy to answer questions before and after the show like we did last week. Currently confirmed guests are myself, , , and though the man doesn't have video.

Check it out at twitch.tv/Dourin

The main topic of the show will be "Will Guild Wars 2 be Successful? If so, to what extent?"

#2 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

Keep up the good work on the podcast. It's great! Hopefully I will be able to watch it live tonight.

#3 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@Nat3TheGreat13 said:

Keep up the good work on the podcast. It's great! Hopefully I will be able to watch it live tonight.

Thanks!

Also, another thanks to for deleting the duplicate thread.

#4 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Leave to to disappoint. Your one follower needs to know who he is sponsoring!

#5 Posted by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

@Subjugation: Haha sorry dude! Imagine a stereotypical mmo player. Dat be me!

#6 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

God, sitting in front of a webcam for 3+ hours is going to be brutal. Don't be surprised if I stop paying attention and start randomly looking around my room. I am looking forward to interacting with the chat though, so get those questions ready!

#7 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@shinboy630: What if I ask about your Dead Space poster?

#8 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@shinboy630: What if I ask about your Dead Space poster?

I may or may not hold it up to the camera. Tune in to find out!

#9 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

You guys should start adding these live streams as events in the steam group, that might attract some more viewers and it's easier to keep track of when it starts.

#10 Posted by silentdante (57 posts) -

from the chat in the twitch.tv page the stream was a no go, look for a show midweek or so, but also look for an official word here, just tryin to help :)

#11 Edited by Dourin (232 posts) -

Yeah, unfortunately I had some pretty heinous technical problems. I won't even be on this week's episode, as it took me nearly 2 hours to get it all sorted out, but I can assure you there will be an episode this week. I created a thread about it here so as not to disrupt episode 17's discussions.

#12 Posted by WildGunmen (10 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: I just wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for producing such a worthwhile podcast. My friend and I are awaiting GW2 with baited breath even though we never played the first one. We have over fifteen years MMO experience between us but we have never seen anything like what GW2 promises to be. That being said, we have been eagerly scouring any and all sources to be our font of information. Needless to say we decided on you. Admittedly it was an easy choice; we were hooked after the first episode.

I wanted to take the time to truly say thank you for producing this for the rest of us. For all of us on the web desperately looking for snippets of information you have no idea how big of a deal this podcast really is. A nice mixture of information, nonsensical rambling, humor, and the subtle aftertaste of Noobarama. Simply put, you guys rock!

Hope to see you in the world,

-E.Martinez-

P.S. Have you decided which server will be you home world for release? Yak's Bend or something else entirely? Keep up the good work.

#13 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

@WildGunmen: Aw thanks!

The show is fun to do, though it can be taxing - I think, for example, we'll be re-recording this week's episode to get a hit of Dourin in it (the discussion just needed the added perspective).

In any case, yes, we've decided to stay on Yak's Bend.

Also, there is nothing subtle about : )

#14 Posted by Echinos (7 posts) -

If you are interested, here are some discussion questions for your next episode. They come from this thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/guild-wars-2/61-21223/ranger-or-mesmer/35-557660/#11

In PvP do the Mesmer’s clones really fool anyone? I would like to think that one could tell (based on the true Mesmer’s movements and actions) which is an AI and which is a human player. And over time more and more opponents will pick up on this. Is this a factor at all? Should one simply treat them as regular “pets” that do damage for you and not rely on them to fool anyone?

As for the hunter, I hate seeing pets die because it represents dps and abilities wasted. I watched a video of a guy whose pet was dead for nearly all of a ten minute encounter. The pet got one shot immediately after a revive (which had a long cast time). Is this just bad pet management on his part? Or in your experience are the Ranger pets really not that great?

-Echinos

#15 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Echinos: We sort of went into this during our class discussions for episode 15.

As for mesmer clones, apparently they do a pretty good job of confusing people in WvW, since it's so hectic.

#16 Posted by Turkalurch (198 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Echinos: We sort of went into this during our class discussions for episode 15.

As for mesmer clones, apparently they do a pretty good job of confusing people in WvW, since it's so hectic.

Oh my god, I can't tell you how many times I think I'm kicking some dudes ass and he ends up shattering into little pink bits of glass.

#17 Edited by silentdante (57 posts) -

@Echinos: as stated by others it is kind of hard to tell, but also the mesmer has a mechanic where if they summon a CLONE that your target changes to target that clone, i am not sure if this is true but i hear it talked about on videos. so they can summon phantasms that usualy dont look exactly like the mesmer, and they can also summon clones which are illusions based directly on what they look like. so yes it is hard to tell which is which.

#18 Posted by craptain (13 posts) -

i wanna voice for your next podcast :X

#19 Posted by RobbieMac (534 posts) -

@craptain: Cynic will have to let you know, they normally have a set line up of people to talk on the podcast. Though they will send out an invite to certain members if they are short a person. I also suggest you start going on mumble and chatting with the guys if you haven't already started that so you can introduce yourself and get to know everyone.

#20 Posted by Selona83 (45 posts) -

Since you guys had some trouble with this weeks episode, will it be up on the RSS feed this week at all:)?

Just wondering if I should keep an eye on it or not:)

Thanks!

PS: yay! Launch week!

#21 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

@Selona83 said:

Since you guys had some trouble with this weeks episode, will it be up on the RSS feed this week at all:)?

Just wondering if I should keep an eye on it or not:)

Thanks!

PS: yay! Launch week!

We re-recorded last night, so it might be up some time today, depending when gets done editing.

#22 Posted by Dourin (232 posts) -

@Selona83: As pointed out, we rerecorded it last night, and is hard at work on editing. We ran into another snag last night with the recording, so editing is taking longer than possible but it'll absolutely be up on the RSS. May not be today, though. Just depends on how the editing goes.

#23 Posted by Selona83 (45 posts) -

@Dourin: Dont stress it:)

I feel bad if I made it sound like I was stressing you guys.

Anyway. Take your time ofc and have a good evening guys!

#24 Posted by Dourin (232 posts) -

@Selona83: Oh, nah, you're fine. This week's episode was just fucking determined not to happen. But alas, our fearless leader has prevailed and brought forth the insanity that is episode 17!

#25 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3171 posts) -

@Dourin: It rose from the ashes, more powerful than anyone could have ever expected. BEHOLD, EPISODE SEVENTEEN RIDES!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.