Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Looks like we'll be getting more GW2 sooner rather than later.

• 57 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Seppli

Rolled a guardian and went straight to PvP with him. Boy oh boy. Despite reading up on all the skills, I still felt like I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Opposed to classic MMORPG hybrids, the Guardian is so hybrid, every skill does at least 2 completely schizophrenic things - rather than just having multiple skills of various playstyles at his disposal.

Very unique and cool, but damn it'll take some time wrapping my head around it. Likely not a class I'm gonna roll in earnest. The warrior made it back on my 'might be my main' list though. Can't wait for the next BWE. Gonna go bonkers with scholars then. Necro and Ele got to get sampled.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52  Edited By Seppli

Put an hour into my favorite BWE character. Oddo Gashprowler, the Charr Ranger. Finally got around to play some more WvW. Took over a supply camp with some randoms. It had like 5 human defenders, alongside the NPCs. Was pretty nifty, about 10 vs 5 & NPCs. Good fun.

Then I helped making friends with some neutral NPC Ogers, defending their home from Harpies. Of course I was the only one who waited around to see what the NPC Ogers are up to now. Well - some NPC Ogers started to run off into a nearby mine which was held by the Red Invaders. Another supply depot. Took it over swiftly. 1 Player & Ogers versus defender NPCs. Too awesome.

Then it ended (with a freeze), and I am sad. I guess the stress test is over now. Gonna check Diablo III one more time - I bet it's still fucked - then I'll hit the sack. Good night!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I spent the last hour unable to load into Hoelbrak, but that's the nature of the testing I suppose.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Floppypants

Made a human engineer.. game crashed after the intro movie requiring me to reboot my comp.
    After logging back in, I was able to play that character to level 5.  It was easy to move from quest to quest and level quickly, but the setting is undeniably lame.  "Feed my cows," has to be the polar opposite of excitement from the, "kill the giant skeleton hands," raid boss humans start with.
    I stopped playing at level 5 because I couldn't continue my character's story quest.  It required me to zone into an instance in Divinity's Reach that wouldn't load, locking my computer a few times, so I gave up playing.  The client clearly ran much worse today than it did during the BWE (for me anyway).

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Codeacious

Smooth sailing for me. Didn't really get any issues, except for the 30 minutes I tried structured PvP and couldn't hit anything due to lag.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Benny

I suspect there will be another BWE in 2 weeks or so. Hopefully a newer build that's a little better optimised.

The one thing that's getting me down is the lack of a good elite skill for warriors. Not sure if they're in a position to add skills anymore though.

Still undecided on what class I'm gonna play, though I suggest everyone looks at that list of all the combo fields and finishers each class has. Warriors for example only have 1 combo field but like tonnes of finishers. I might make a post about it later today.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Bollard

@Subjugation said:

Once again, Yak's Bend dominates WvW.

We had that shiz locked down!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.