mac release this time?

#1 Posted by LocoRocker (218 posts) -

topic.

#2 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Since Arena.net is owned by NC Soft and given NC Soft's history, I doubt it.

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

lol mac

#4 Posted by Poki3 (529 posts) -

Answer yourself - Do Macs have DirectX?
Until you answer "Yes" to that, then the answer to your question is "no".

You're a gamer? Then why the hell do you have a Mac? Get a PC.

#5 Posted by LocoRocker (218 posts) -
@Poki3 said:
" You're a gamer? Then why the hell do you have a Mac? Get a PC. "
right, that old argument again. sorry, but it doesn't hold any weight. you don't need to own a pc to consider yourself a gamer. 
i tend to play games on the xbox 360 and the ps3 and my main compuer is a macbook pro. sometimes i boot the windows partition on it to play some steam games, but it is not very convenient. 

also, directx is not a must. look at all current and upcoming blizzard titles, opengl looks just as good as directx.
#6 Posted by Poki3 (529 posts) -
@LocoRocker said:
" @Poki3 said:
" You're a gamer? Then why the hell do you have a Mac? Get a PC. "
right, that old argument again. sorry, but it doesn't hold any weight. you don't need to own a pc to consider yourself a gamer. i tend to play games on the xbox 360 and the ps3 and my main compuer is a macbook pro. sometimes i boot the windows partition on it to play some steam games, but it is not very convenient.   also, directx is not a must. look at all current and upcoming blizzard titles, opengl looks just as good as directx. "
That's not what I mean. Console games? Fine. Computer games? Only PC. A Mac, Linux ect. are not systems for gamers, and if you want/have/prefer to use a Mac for work or something like that - sure, but don't expect it to have games...
And I say DirectX because the game uses DirectX. If the game would use OpenGL then we could talk...
#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@Poki3 said:
" Answer yourself - Do Macs have DirectX? Until you answer "Yes" to that, then the answer to your question is "no".  You're a gamer? Then why the hell do you have a Mac? Get a PC. "
I think it should be changed to "Get Windows".
#8 Posted by Poki3 (529 posts) -
@Emilio said:
" @Poki3 said:
" Answer yourself - Do Macs have DirectX? Until you answer "Yes" to that, then the answer to your question is "no".  You're a gamer? Then why the hell do you have a Mac? Get a PC. "
I think it should be changed to "Get Windows". "
Now that's practically synonymous...
#9 Posted by geniusj (1 posts) -
@Poki3 said:

" Answer yourself - Do Macs have DirectX? Until you answer "Yes" to that, then the answer to your question is "no".   

I guess I'll answer "Sort of, Yes" to that then.  Check out "Cider".  It's a DirectX->OpenGL translation layer that has been used for, among other things, successfully porting Warhammer Online, EVE, and Spore to the Mac.

http://www.transgaming.com/business/cider/
#10 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Poki3 said:

I have an iMac that I'm currently using to play L4D and TF2 and all my other PC games on high settings. I don't see what you're trying to prove.
#11 Posted by Lethkhar (76 posts) -

I lol'd.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.