Mega Awesome 13GB patch awaits! (Make sure you've updated!)

#1 Edited by Bollard (5534 posts) -

Well, it probably isn't another 13GB, but I've been trying my best to open GW2 and keep it up to date for the BWEs. Just opened today with the next beta event starting in less than 2 hours and was greeted with over 85,000 files to download. My internet has been hardcore shitting the bed recently so this is gunna take me some serious time to download.

Just a warning to everyone who plans on playing tonight, make sure you're up to date. I'm at 50MB at the moment and still not even 1% done. So this thing is over 5GB :(

EDIT: Reached 1% at 72MB, so a very rough estimate puts this at over 7GB. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDITEDIT: People are saying it's 5GB.

#2 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

The % count is number of files, not total file size afaik.

#3 Posted by Bollard (5534 posts) -

@Benny said:

The % count is number of files, not total file size afaik.

Ah fair, maybe my estimates are off. Fingers crossed it'll pick up in speed but I'm not feeling too optimistic.

#4 Posted by TheWadeBrigade (54 posts) -

I updated mine a couple days ago and it was around 5 gb I think. Just checked and mine is still up to date so it should be something like that.

#5 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: If you haven't updated at all since the last BWE, there was a major update earlier this week that was right around ~5,090 MB in size. There have also been a few more, much smaller updates since then in the sub-100 MB range.

#6 Posted by Bollard (5534 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

@Chavtheworld: If you haven't updated at all since the last BWE, there was a major update earlier this week that was right around ~5,090 MB in size. There have also been a few more, much smaller updates since then in the sub-100 MB range.

Typical, I got all the smaller ones and missed the 5GB one :P

#7 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I've been opening up the client every day this week. There was the 5GB one at the start of the week that took a bit of time, but other than that it was just small updates. Read to roll now!

#8 Posted by Bollard (5534 posts) -

@Maystack: Good good!

#9 Posted by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

Here's a fun fact: the servers are up.

#10 Posted by Bollard (5534 posts) -

@Garfield518 said:

Here's a fun fact: the servers are up.

They went up an hour early last time too. Silly ArenaNet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.