Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

MMO Champion/Thottbot-style Website for Guild Wars 2?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Jrinswand

As the title of the thread implies, I was just wondering whether there are any MMO Champion or Thottbot-style websites for Guild Wars 2. I used to use these a whole lot back in the day when I played WoW and I found them very useful. They are usually more useful than wikis in that they have their own pages on everything with areas for users to comment as well.

Chumm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chumm

http://www.gw2db.com/ is generally the one for GW. The wiki is still pretty good, but limited to the formatting that all wikis are. GW2db has things like trading post prices and interactive maps.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jrinswand
    @Chumm said:

http://www.gw2db.com/ is generally the one for GW. The wiki is still pretty good, but limited to the formatting that all wikis are. GW2db has things like trading post prices and interactive maps.

That website seems pretty good, but I didn't see any comments anywhere. The user comments are the best part of those community-run websites. I will say, though, that it is interesting to see how far those kinds of websites have come in the last several years. Those interactive maps would have been really useful in WoW several years ago.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Vexxan

http://www.guildhead.com/ is the best one I've used so far, it's built the same way as Wowhead which was the superior item/quest/map search engine when I used play WoW.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I always use the wiki when I can. Hoping to see it eventually reach the incredible standard that the first game's did as a resource/guide/reference manual. Something I discovered years ago on that site was to always click the "Discussion" tab at the top of any page for... well... more in-depth and opinionated discussion. Afewexamples.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Benny

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a de facto site for this yet which means the comments and such are spread across the two sites instead of focused on one. Personally I think guildhead is way better though, in terms of usability, accuracy & update speed.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pay928

http://dulfy.net/ is pretty good about getting up quick updates with good guides. Has videos of all jumping puzzles, lots of armor previews, and other useful info. Had Scavenger hunt guides up day they were released and made them tons easier (since I suck at lore hints).

Avatar image for halcyontwilight
    halcyontwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By halcyontwilight

Guildhead seems to have the more active community, with more comments to look through, while GW2DB has a easier-to-use interface (especially for calculating mats needed for crafting recipes). I switch between those two sites and the Guild Wars 2 wiki when looking for very specific information.

Dulfy's website has some great event guides and a series of easy-to-view weapon/armor skin guides, but not much in the way of discussion. The lack of a central hub for the community is really aggravating, especially since some of discussions on Guild Wars 2 Guru and the official forums aren't very helpful when you're trying to find an answer to a question.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@halcyonTwilight said:

The lack of a central hub for the community is really aggravating, especially since some of discussions on Guild Wars 2 Guru and the official forums aren't very helpful when you're trying to find an answer to a question.

On the contrary, it means that when one community starts getting too gross you can just hop on over to another resource, where hopefully they're being more reasonable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.