Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

New Stress Test - August 10th, 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM PACIFIC Time

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By project343

Via the Facebook page:

Thank you for all your help in today’s Stress Test!
    Good news for North Americans tomorrow:
    We will be conducting a Stress Test on Friday, August 10 from 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time to 8:00 PM PACIFIC Time.
    REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!
    ~RB

Time to get excited again (getting a bit exhausting at this point, no?). :)

What are you guys planning to do this time around? More SPVP? Fiddling with the character creator to set your main in stone for launch? Yelling at ArenaNet to just launch the game already?

Bonus: my angry Asura judges you.

No Caption Provided
    Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Benny

Was just about to post about this. I'm probably gonna try another class or something in sPVP. I got cold feet about the mesmer for some reason XD.

Edit: I'm thinking guardian, I dunno why but I just have this urge to play it after seeing some awesome Guardian Deeps in sPVP today. I guess I don't see why I couldn't play both at launch but yeah, I'm excited to give the class a whirl!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UssjTrunks

It's too soon. I'm all burned out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

So this thing is open to everyone, but just inconvenient for Europeans? Or not?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By project343

@Seppli: I assume the wording is there to suggest that this is a more ideal time for North Americans (because it's not in the middle of the work day).

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@UssjTrunks said:

It's too soon. I'm all burned out.

WEAK.

I can't wait : D - going to try out another build before inevitably switching back to my normal shout warrior spec.

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By silentdante

yeah cause it's 6pm-10pm my time, on a friday night... you know i got nuthin to do anyways, haha!

will have to try and make my necro minion build better, plus i'd like to try a ranger build of some sort, but i really just dont like the right hand side skills much for ranger. i like the idea of an all minion build cause it's less buttons i have to push in a way, haha. on that same note i would think mesmer would be to much for me with the Fkeys and all that to keep track of. maybe since no one is really trying one i will try the theif, though i have no clue what kind of build to make with that.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack268

So 1 AM to 5 AM here? Aight.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By shinboy630

@Benny said:

Was just about to post about this. I'm probably gonna try another class or something in sPVP. I got cold feet about the mesmer for some reason XD.

Edit: I'm thinking guardian, I dunno why but I just have this urge to play it after seeing some awesome Guardian Deeps in sPVP today. I guess I don't see why I couldn't play both at launch but yeah, I'm excited to give the class a whirl!

Do it! My guardian DPS build was wrecking shit today. It was so much fun.

silentdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By silentdante
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

Maybe I'll hop on. I'm getting to a point where I just want to wait for the 25th so I can start the game proper.

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By yyninja

woo! didn't get a chance to play in today's stress test because it was literally happening when I was working. Great that their doing another stress test!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Subjugation

@Benny: Aw man, but you are the mesmer. You are only allowed to switch if you can be equally as annoying with another class.

I have a strange urge to try out necro. Maybe I should get on making a build.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

Had my very first crash during today's stress test. Kinda concerned since I'll be running the game on my old laptop until I get enough money to get a new machine.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By PeezMachine

@Zomgfruitbunnies: Had a bunch of crashes today, something about FIXED VERTICES or whatnot. I guess that's what happens when you play a game while parts are being moved around.

aterangelus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aterangelus

@shinboy630: I need that build!

Malaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Malaiki

awww well cant make tonight but had a taster last night and dam was it good, roll on the 25th

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Bollard

@Seppli: This is midnight British time right? Cause I might be out this evening, and if so that's perfect, I'll be back by then.

EDIT: No wait, 1am I think.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By UssjTrunks
    shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By shinboy630

@aterangelus said:

@shinboy630: I need that build!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.3.12.3.18.19.5.5.32.4.54.56.64.60.76.2.2.44.156.157.162.167.0.0.186.185.184.0.0.0.0.0.0.30.10.30.0.0

Lower HP and Lower Armor, but tons of Deeps and a surprising amount of survivability for those stats. The only things I havn't figured out yet are the best gear for it rune and accessory wise. I used the ones I have listed there towards the end of the stress test and they worked well, but feel free to tweak as you see fit.

Also, feel free to swap out the 9 skill for something else if you want a bit more condition removal or survivability. I used Contemplation of Purity for a few matches and it worked ok, but I prefer the 2nd ranged KD for more control.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maystack

Probably won't play this one. I don't like having little bites I just want to jump into the main meal.

Turkalurch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Turkalurch

That was my first time sPvPing in Guild Wars with my Sylvari Ranger. Good times. Gonna have to do that more often come release.

By the way, Elementalists and Necros are fricken tough! Whoever were Lyzbeth (dont know if that's the correct spelling) or Otagi (last name), good fights!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UssjTrunks

I need to test something tonight.

I'd like to see if condition removal skills can remove stability from elite skills like the warrior's rampage, ele's tornado, or guardian's tomes. Anet has recently turned stability into a boon, and it would suck terribly if it could be removed from these elite skills (that would effectively make them useless).

If anyone wants to test this with me, leave your username so I can contact you in-game. Preferably someone who already has a necro, mesmer, or another profession with condition removal already made (I have a warrior and guardian).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bollard

This one's gunna be super late for me, but despite being at the Olympics tomorrow I'll be there. For a bit anyway. I'll just be a lot quieter, for the sake of other people.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By project343

@Maystack said:

Probably won't play this one. I don't like having little bites I just want to jump into the main meal.

I know the feeling. But this isn't really supposed to be for fun. I hope the back-to-back nature of the tests doesn't affect the quantities of people logging in. They clearly need to iron out whatever login tech they were using yesterday.

Malaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Malaiki

For those about to play.... enjoy folks. I look forward to meeting you all in Tyria after the 25th... hic

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Chavtheworld said:

This one's gunna be super late for me, but despite being at the Olympics tomorrow I'll be there. For a bit anyway. I'll just be a lot quieter, for the sake of other people.

I haven't even thought about the fact that you England-ers have "the games" on your doorstep. What events are you looking to see?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bollard

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Chavtheworld said:

I haven't even thought about the fact that you England-ers have "the games" on your doorstep. What events are you looking to see?

Getting tickets however is roughhhhh. I'm seeing part of the Modern Pentathlon, the one where they do shooting and archery and whatnot. I'm seeing the Showjumping at Greenwich tomorrow!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Vexxan

I'm stayed away from all the beta events so far but tonight I'm gonna go ahead and join the fun. I'll probably spend all my time in the character creator and see if its as good as people say it is.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Chavtheworld said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Getting tickets however is roughhhhh. I'm seeing part of the Modern Pentathlon, the one where they do shooting and archery and whatnot. I'm seeing the Showjumping at Greenwich tomorrow!

Ha, I can imagine. Seems like a spectrum of generally intense stuff you've picked out. Have fun for those of us who can't be there!

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maystack

@Chavtheworld said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Tell me about it. I spent two weeks with the site left open in my browser, refreshing every so often to try and get Basketball tickets. Didn't manage to grab any. Probably shouldn't have left it so late.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bollard

@Maystack: Seeing basketball woulda been awesome :(

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Thanks, I will do!

Bahloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bahloo

Holy Fack.

I'm running a warrior right now. It feels amazing. People are dynig all over the place. "Crushing" is an understatement. I don*t ever want to leave this game again.

Cynic made me do it.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By project343

Man. This stress test is all sorts of laggy. Reminds me of BWE1 - Day 1. If this is your first experience with Guild Wars 2: note that the final game will most certainly not be like this.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Xyber
    I hope this works now. :P I was streaming for 45 minutes from the Sylvari starting area doing some events and just checking out the enviroment.

Here's a link if the player doesn't work. http://twitch.tv/xyber/b/328169073

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bahloo said:

Holy Fack.

I'm running a warrior right now. It feels amazing. People are dynig all over the place. "Crushing" is an understatement. I don*t ever want to leave this game again.

Cynic made me do it.

Fuck yeah you are! Fuck yeah you don't! : D

Warrior is badass - though shit starts getting hard for everyone at lvl 20.

@project343 said:

Man. This stress test is all sorts of laggy. Reminds me of BWE1 - Day 1. If this is your first experience with Guild Wars 2: note that the final game will most certainly not be like this.

^this. Yesterday was the worst I had seen logging in, today was the worst I had seen lag. Stresssss teeeestin'

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had more fun just running around, hitting things with a hammer and sword. First thing I did was change my armor colors =D

My character is rocking two types of purple (Grapevine *darker* and Violet Ice *light*) and making it work.
    My character is rocking two types of purple (Grapevine *darker* and Violet Ice *light*) and making it work.
    MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By MrMazz

FINALLY got to play in a stress test after being forced into things not called playing Guild Wars 2.

Engineer is a lot of fun will defiantly be the second character I roll post Warrior. They seem to have the most useful 1 point skills in the utility slots.

Dual Pistols seems way more useful than Rifle. I have no idea why someone would use sheild in pve though it prolly has uses in PVP.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@insane_shadowblade85: Tim Gunn would be proud.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.