Newegg.com - Guild Wars 2 Release Date?

#1 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

NCsoft has yet to release an official release date for GW2 yet (and has in fact, not even released a single screenshot of concept art), but it appears that preorders are already available at computer hardware and software distributor newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011

To me it seems the 8/31/2009 release date is a bit too soon considering almost no details have even been released about the game yet. Perhaps they meant 2010? Or is it pure speculation. Then again, they must have gotten the heads up from NCsoft to allow preorders? I'm confused.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

They do that to get more pre-orders. They guess.

#3 Posted by Snuffy (146 posts) -

Well.  NCSoft did say that they would release it in late '09 or early '10 if my memory serves me right.

#4 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

I would definitely not go buy the release date of anywhere as being official...its like when Gamestop has releases shown to a game not given a release date anywhere else, its never correct. Anyway, this reminded me that I'm looking forward to GW2 though, I kinda forgot about it entirely, so thanks!

#5 Posted by Asurastrike (2167 posts) -
@Geno said:
" NCsoft has yet to release an official release date for GW2 yet (and has in fact, not even released a single screenshot of concept art), but it appears that preorders are already available at computer hardware and software distributor newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011To me it seems the 8/31/2009 release date is a bit too soon considering almost no details have even been released about the game yet. Perhaps they meant 2010? Or is it pure speculation. Then again, they must have gotten the heads up from NCsoft to allow preorders? I'm confused. "
2 years ago Gamestop listed Final Fantasy XIII as Dec 31, 2007.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.