Now Playing: Sylvari Starter Experience (GameSpot)

#1 Edited by Jack_Lafayette (3434 posts) -

Here's the sylvari version of the hour-and-some-long asura video that went up a week ago.

Watching it now. Can't wait to see a bunch of neon trees and whatnot. Applause for the Plants vs. Zombies reference. And that volcanic jumping puzzle... just looked incredible.

#2 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2587 posts) -

Ah for fuck. Not clicking this is really hard.

I feel like I've been saying that a lot recently - man, 28/8 can't come soon enough.

#3 Posted by Dourin (234 posts) -

God damnit, no! I was just getting ready to go to sleep....

#4 Posted by TheHT (11683 posts) -

Between this, the Tony Hawk Quick Look, and the Limbo Quick Look that will help me decide if I should buy it or not, I'll be sleeping quite some time from now.

Because, of course, none of this shit can wait.

#5 Edited by Jack_Lafayette (3434 posts) -

@Dourin: @TheHT: What is sleep even, man. You know?

Seriously, though, I should really go to bed now.

#6 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

The build they're playing on is a fair bit older than what we'll be seeing in BWE3 it seems. The character creator is different.

#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Is youtube still processing this? That HD looks TERRIBLE.

#8 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

@CL60: nah looks pretty much the same on the gamespot player too. Very poor quality.

#9 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Nice resolution on that video.

Come on Gamespot, what are you doing?

#10 Posted by TheHT (11683 posts) -

I really like the whole Dream setup with the Sylvari. They're definitely one of the most interesting aspects of GW2, story-wise.

#11 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@Benny said:

The build they're playing on is a fair bit older than what we'll be seeing in BWE3 it seems. The character creator is different.

It looks newer to me. You couldn't zoom out that far in any of the older builds.

#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@TheHT said:

Between this, the Tony Hawk Quick Look, and the Limbo Quick Look that will help me decide if I should buy it or not, I'll be sleeping quite some time from now.

Wait, you don't know if you should buy Limbo? I have a spare copy i can trade, if you want. Also, i think it's 2.99 on Steam, that's cheap.
#13 Posted by TheHT (11683 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@TheHT said:

Wait, you don't know if you should buy Limbo? I have a spare copy i can trade, if you want. Also, i think it's 2.99 on Steam, that's cheap.

I've got nothing to trade for it, but it's currently in my cart anyways. The sale is the reason I'm contemplating buying it. I was always curious about the story from the first time I saw the Quick Look. When they get to the end and see the other kids trying to stop Limbo Boy, I got the feeling some fucked up shit lay ahead.

It never stuck out as something I needed to play, but I never felt that way about Dear Esther either, yet I snatched that up on sale. I think I'll take the plunge. The deep $2.49 plunge lol.

#14 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

@UssjTrunks: There's no option to change the lighting setting in the character creator which is in the closed beta stuff that's hitting youtube atm.

#15 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@TheHT: Buy it. I would trade for Wizorb, since it's cheaper than Limbo... But hey, you've got nothing to lose with Limbo. It's a cool experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.