Official Launch Times

#1 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (3389 posts) -

ArenaNet just laid out when pre-puchasers, pre-orderers (?), and ple-bians can expect to open a sexy, persistent GW2 client on the 25th, 27th, and 28th respectively. Take note that they mention servers going live a few hours early, so you have an excuse to pine at your monitor in desperation while they laugh in mockery with the power they wield over you. Or however it turns out.

EDIT: I don't know how this got posted twice. Please delete one copy at your leisure, mods. Also, 1000 posts, hooray!

#2 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Maaaan, can't believe they're gonna start 3 hours earlier, looks like an all nighter is in order.

#3 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Shit, guess I won't be able to sleep.

#4 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

To get "Naruto" and "Guts" you're going to have to be mashing that button for 3 hours : )

Also: It's going to be like 2pm on a Saturday for me, so No Worriez!

#5 Posted by MrMazz (1023 posts) -

Everyone I call dibs and tap taps on Cloud, Leon, and Jimmy

#6 Posted by Xyber (293 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

Screw you. For me the game will go live at 6-9am. That means I either get to bed early (like that's going to happen..) or stay awake all night and play all day. I will be a damn zombie 12 hours after the release.

#7 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Xyber said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

Screw you. For me the game will go live at 6-9am. That means I either get to bed early (like that's going to happen..) or stay awake all night and play all day. I will be a damn zombie 12 hours after the release.

THATS SO MUCH BETTER THAN 12-3 AM

#8 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3389 posts) -

@MrMazz said:

I'm very specifically reserving rights to xXxUbErSePhIrOtH420xXx

#9 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@MrMazz said:

Sorry mate, but I already called that name a long time ago. You can have xXxUbErSePhIrOtH420xXx1 though.

#10 Posted by announakis (114 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

To get "Naruto" and "Guts" you're going to have to be mashing that button for 3 hours : )

Also: It's going to be like 2pm on a Saturday for me, so No Worriez!

yeah at last an advantages living down under for gaming!

#11 Posted by TheHT (11521 posts) -

At least instead of just sitting in my chair waiting from 12AM to 3AM, I can sit in my chair waiting from 12AM to 3AM while desperately trying to launch the game.

#12 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1471 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@MrMazz said:

Sorry mate, but I already called that name a long time ago. You can have xXxUbErSePhIrOtH420xXx1 though.

Can I use SurferRots since those awesome names are taken?

#13 Posted by Bollard (5663 posts) -

@Benny said:

Maaaan, can't believe they're gonna start 3 hours earlier, looks like an all nighter is in order.

Yep! Gunna be up at 4AM, woop!

#14 Posted by Mister_V (1375 posts) -

7am on a Saturday, I can deal with that :)

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

7am is okay and I was prepared to get up early to make sure I don't miss the start, but I didn't think it could be going up 3 hours early, that's going to kill me.

Good thing it's a Saturday, but I'll still probably just get up to create all my characters, get the names reserved and then go back to bed.

#16 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I don't think I can be bothered to get up at 4am, on the off chance that I might be able to get in at some point. Just gonna get up at 7 and get in. Hell, I might wait until 8 so that all the server and login issues are sorted.

#17 Posted by Dourin (233 posts) -

Don't mean to be debbie downer here, but just remember that they said up to 3 hours early. Could be three hours, could be 15 minutes.

...god damnit. I've been around too much. I never used to be this....cynical.

#18 Posted by Bollard (5663 posts) -

@Dourin said:

Don't mean to be debbie downer here, but just remember that they said up to 3 hours early. Could be three hours, could be 15 minutes.

Up to 3 hours means get on the Mumble 3 hours early so we can chat shit while we wait for those bonus 15 minutes :P

#19 Posted by Dourin (233 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@Dourin said:

Up to 3 hours means get on the Mumble 3 hours early so we can chat shit while we wait for those bonus 15 minutes :P

Now you're talking!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.