Official Server List

#1 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3435 posts) -

Hitting us with a holy-shit-this-game-is-launching-and-everything twofer, ArenaNet also posted a complete list of the servers that will be available to players at launch. If you're unfamiliar with how worlds work in Guild Wars 2, I highly recommend you read this wiki page to get up to speed. Also, be a cool kid a join the Giant Bomb community's guild, Lincoln Force, on Yak's Bend.

#2 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2587 posts) -

Hell yeah 3rd on the list. Yak's Bend is going to be a heavy hitter in WvW and once shit moves over to 2 week rounds, so will we : )

#3 Posted by punxotani (17 posts) -

and servers may go up 3 hours early on headstart :)

#4 Posted by Tarkhein (71 posts) -

Loaded the page and scrolled down because hey, Yak's Bend starts with a 'y', right? Almost had a heart attack not seeing at or near the bottom. Then I realised it wasn't in alphabetical order. Come on Arenanet, are you trying to get me killed?

#5 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Yak Bend gonna kick ass and take names.

#6 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1499 posts) -

I'm gonna rep Yak's Bend to the end. Bend our Yaks or give me death! For the Force! *Waves Yak's Bend and Lincoln Force flag*

#7 Posted by Tarkhein (71 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Bend our Yaks or give me death!

I don't think Yak's Bend means what you think it means...

#8 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Tarkhein said:

Loaded the page and scrolled down because hey, Yak's Bend starts with a 'y', right? Almost had a heart attack not seeing at or near the bottom. Then I realised it wasn't in alphabetical order. Come on Arenanet, are you trying to get me killed?

I did the exact same thing. Why would they put Yak's Bend third?

#9 Posted by New_Mandalore (25 posts) -

Be ready for queues or locked full server in head start. Just read that the Yogscast and GW2Guru guilds are rolling on Yak's Bend too.

I'm not saying we change, I think Yak's Bend will be baller, I just hope people are prepared to not be able to login to Yak's Bend during the headstart.

#10 Edited by craptain (13 posts) -

@New_Mandalore: Well, there's talk of free first week server changes. So if its terrible, we could switch. Also, overflow servers.

Also... Isle of Janthir. I have friends rolling there but really wanna play with Giant Bomb. :x

#11 Posted by shinboy630 (1175 posts) -
@New_Mandalore once you pick it at the start you will be fine. Overflow servers will do the rest. We have known that yak's would be crowded for quite some time.
#12 Posted by New_Mandalore (25 posts) -

Yeah I'm cool with it, I just don't want people to start getting split up. And you can play with people on any server (Isle of Janthir, for example, where the Reddit guild(s) are going) you just can't WvWvW with them. You can join a guild on any server though and be in multiple guilds (can only rep one at a time though).

#13 Edited by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

I think I'm going to pick Far Shiverpeaks since there's a lot of Swedes there. Where are all the Europeans who's not picking Yak's Bend heading?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.