Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

PvP @ gamescom

Troncek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Troncek
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I have no interest in PvP at all, but it'll be nice to get it out of the way.. at least it means we must be getting closer to release.

Sylvari and customisation will be the big thing for me. I'm guessing the final profession will be at PAX? It seems like that's the only big reveal left.

Thiemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Thiemen

Oh nice, always love to see some new GW2 info. Played the first GW until missions were unplayable because there were less and less players online.. really hope this will be good. Can't wait. 

Troncek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Troncek

I think quite a lot of people are waiting for PvP info. Probably a huge chunk of GW1 players.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Vexxan

I'm more of a PvE guy but I'd really like to see how the PvP will work. GW1 had excellent PvP so they have a lot to live up to.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By RobbieMac

Finally!  Playable Asura and PvP content, now all that is left is to see what they are doing with guilds.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Troncek said:

[...] and new mid-level charr content. 

The mid-level stuff is for all of the races; it sounds like it'll be on or around Orr. I am excited to see the Charr starter area, though. Anything that doesn't look like Post-Searing Ascalon is a plus in my book.
    Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lotus

They say that WvsWvsW will resemble a massive strategy game or a board game, cant wait to see hows that gonna unfold.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @Lotus said:
    They say that WvsWvsW will resemble a massive strategy game or a board game, cant wait to see hows that gonna unfold.
    I had similar idea once for World of Warcraft posted in the offcial WoW forums. Populating the entire gameworld with PvP objectives. Queuing up for a 'World of Warcraft' shard at war. 1k Alliance vs 1k Horde.

As far as I understand WvsWvsW is pretty much that. ArenaNet takes their entire gameworld and fills it with PvP objectives throughout, whilst the players of 3 realms can queue up for entring the PvP shard for an all-out open PvP version of Telara.

Gonna be revolutionary!
    Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Seppli said:
    @Lotus said:
    I had similar idea once for World of Warcraft posted in the offcial WoW forums. Populating the entire gameworld with PvP objectives. Queuing up for a 'World of Warcraft' shard at war. 1k Alliance vs 1k Horde.  As far as I understand WvsWvsW is pretty much that. ArenaNet takes their entire gameworld and fills it with PvP objectives throughout, whilst the players of 3 realms can queue up for entring the PvP shard for an all-out open PvP version of Telara.  Gonna be revolutionary!
    They've said that it'll take place across 4 maps (one for each server plus a central location), which I take to mean that the battlefield will be entirely unique from the PvE continent. And I think you meant to say "PvP version of Tyria". :p
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

Tyria indeed.

I thought I overheard something about Open PvP in WvsWvsW in an interview, though I cannot recall having heard any specific details yet. Hopefully GamesCom will bring more clarity about GW2's PvP breadth of gameplay. Just a lil more than 2 weeks to go.

Troncek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Troncek

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Troncek said:

The mid-level stuff is for all of the races; it sounds like it'll be on or around Orr. I am excited to see the Charr starter area, though. Anything that doesn't look like Post-Searing Ascalon is a plus in my book.

"Did I mention that you’ll be playing sylvari and asura characters for this high level content?" Sounds like just asura and sylvari for mid-level content.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Troncek said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Troncek said:

"Did I mention that you’ll be playing sylvari and asura characters for this high level content?" Sounds like just asura and sylvari for mid-level content.

Not how I'm reading it, but I suppose you could be right since the other races have their starter areas represented.
    Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I'm dying to see some of the character customization, actually.

I read on their blog that they had five sliders for just the nose of your character, i'm very curious to see how flexible the character creator really is.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Buckfitches: Hah - I'm pretty interested in that as well. Quite a bit of my decision to play Sylvari first has to do with the sheer level of customizability with their race. Having a choice in body type sounds great as well, I'm interested to see what a beafy Asura would look like - or Sylvari or Charr for that matter.

But back to PvP, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the PvP stuff. The ESL guys will be broadcasting showmatches on Thursday and Friday at http://tv.esl.eu/de/, so that should be quite interesting. Plus, I cant wait to catch the presentations, etc that NCsoft will be giving. I may not catch their livestreams though, so I hope Gamespot or something has a good HD capture archived.

This week should be awesome. Hopefully GW2 PvP can live up to the awesomeness of its predecessor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.