PvP Roundtable and New PvP Screens [Guild Wars Insider]

#1 Edited by Jack_Lafayette (3553 posts) -

I've finally gathered the meager will required to form a thread on this, so here we go!

Last Tuesday, GW Insider sat down with PvP Systems Designers Jonathan Sharp, Matt Witter, and Mike Ferguson for a great interview including discussions on how they're designing GW2 as an e-sport, the mesmer's role in structured PvP, new info on World vs. World gameplay, and this salient advice on high-level strategy:

GWI: From a strategy standpoint, is there any kind of tips that you’d like to give to those who are looking to start playing PvP matches in Guild Wars 2?

Mike: Don’t die.

Also, there's this:

Matt: Siege Suits…

Jonathan: Well, we’ve talked about it internally, so we might as well let the cat out of the bag.

Mike: Well… go for it…

Matt: They’re our little twist on battering rams that we’re currently testing out and playing around with. Basically, you spend your supply to build these Siege Suits….

Mike: They’re essentially Giant Asura Golems that you go in and bash doors down with.

Matt: Exactly! You transfer the player into it, and now you’re just this giant, Asura, Battle-MechWarrior sort of thing. You can just walk up and start punching in the gates, punching in people’s faces if you feel the need to; it’s another great, epic siege weapon.

There's an audio version of the interview at the bottom of the page, if you prefer.

This week, ArenaNet has sent some screenshots of never-before seen PvP content that GWI will be doling out over the next few days. Here's Monday's batch, showing a new map that will likely be a part of Febuary's beta:
 Overview

Blue Base

Red Base

Beneath the fog
 Tuesday pics, showing a norn in the latest PvP scholar armor:
 Battle of Khylo map with background trebuchet shot

PvP lobby

And here's the Wednesday set, featuring a boatload of action shots (also, it looks like you'll be able to change the targeting visual if you didn't like the outlines):

That should be it. I feel like I made some kind of grave error in naming this thread for so few of you to check it out, but whateva-whateva.
#2 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

Wow this looks great.  The excitement continues to build.

#3 Posted by Subjugation (4753 posts) -

Between @Dark_Lord_Spam: and the GW2 sub-reddit, I don't think any information slips through my fingers. Now to wait until May ..

#4 Posted by CaptainCody (1525 posts) -

Fuck, what are MMOs doing with good graphics?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.