Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Questions about servers and european players.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nasos100

So im going to buy GW2 to play while waiting for Mists of Pandaria and possibly past that since - you know - no subs and all, and i have a few questions. Somewhere in the forums, or it could be comments on the QL / bombcast , I read that you cant change servers unless you pay a fee, essentialy locking you in a server. That said i am interested in playing with other bombers in the GB guild in Yak's Bend so here are the 2 questions :

1. Can i choose any server i want? I'm gonna buy a straight up retail copy of the game so will it restrict me from the US servers like the battlenet games where you are region locked?

2. If i can pick any server i want, and choose Yak's Bend is there going to be an issue of noone being online when i am because weird hours?

Thanks in advance

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jesterroyal

Yes and no in that order.

You can pick any server in any region. There was just a warning about it taking a few minutes to transfer your account out of that region. We have a pretty diverse guild. Talked to quite a few UK and ireland duders last night myself before going to bed. I think you will be totally fine.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZoomyRamen

I'm british and am in the guild/mumble. Always someone on. Usually taking the piss out of mine and the other brits accents. It's fun though!

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RobbieMac

@ZoomyRamen: Or you picking on Swedes. :P

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maystack

There's always someone online over here. I think when I woke up this morning there were at least 40 duders online, and that was in the middle of the night in the US.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.