Reorganize ranks or move people around...

#1 Posted by MonkeyPckl (9 posts) -

As of right now there are only 20 people in the main guild playing. 20 people out of 494. My main problem is that the majority of people who are playing are the rank "cool baby". So that mean only 13 people can do anything reguarding the guild at any moment. Unfortunatly, none of them are on. Im sorry but i really think people need to move us in rank in the guild so they can perform regular guild duties.

#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2496 posts) -

I wanna be cool babby

#3 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

People are in Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 mode, they'll come back when they get their fix. Or not... :P

#4 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

That.

I'm playing Borderlands2 atm but I'm going to be on more this weekend

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

People can't play 24/7 and you posted this while it was the middle of the night for the US and very early morning for Europe, on a week day.. There's obviously not going to be a lot of people playing at that time, especially with Torchlight and Borderlands just being released. There tends to be a lot of people on when I'm around, but now we're about a month from release, I'm sure we'll see a substantial drop off and we should have a better idea of who's in it for the long haul. The roster can be reshuffled when it needs to be. Is there any guild duties that desperately need attended to?

#6 Posted by MonkeyPckl (9 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: @WinterSnowblind said:

People can't play 24/7 and you posted this while it was the middle of the night for the US and very early morning for Europe, on a week day.. There's obviously not going to be a lot of people playing at that time, especially with Torchlight and Borderlands just being released. There tends to be a lot of people on when I'm around, but now we're about a month from release, I'm sure we'll see a substantial drop off and we should have a better idea of who's in it for the long haul. The roster can be reshuffled when it needs to be. Is there any guild duties that desperately need attended to?

Yes, it is true that i posted this in the middle of the night but that doesn't change the fact that we only have a hand full of people running a guild of almost 500 people. I've played a lot these past few weeks and yes people are always on but like i said earlier...they are mostly made of people who are new members with no real say in what happens in the guild. The fact that most people are playing other games justifies the fact that we need real ranks in this guild. Im mainly bringing all this up because ive been trying to get one of my friends into the guild. Whether its a roster full of people not playing, accounts that arent even active, or no one who has the power to add him its been impossible for him to join. We've actually been trying for a few days now but its just not happening.

#7 Posted by jesterroyal (347 posts) -

@MonkeyPckl said:

@WinterSnowblind: said:

People can't play 24/7 and you posted this while it was the middle of the night for the US and very early morning for Europe, on a week day.. There's obviously not going to be a lot of people playing at that time, especially with Torchlight and Borderlands just being released. There tends to be a lot of people on when I'm around, but now we're about a month from release, I'm sure we'll see a substantial drop off and we should have a better idea of who's in it for the long haul. The roster can be reshuffled when it needs to be. Is there any guild duties that desperately need attended to?

Yes, it is true that i posted this in the middle of the night but that doesn't change the fact that we only have a hand full of people running a guild of almost 500 people. I've played a lot these past few weeks and yes people are always on but like i said earlier...they are mostly made of people who are new members with no real say in what happens in the guild. The fact that most people are playing other games justifies the fact that we need real ranks in this guild. Im mainly bringing all this up because ive been trying to get one of my friends into the guild. Whether its a roster full of people not playing, accounts that arent even active, or no one who has the power to add him its been impossible for him to join. We've actually been trying for a few days now but its just not happening.

Ah, I see the real heart of the matter. And in fairness. The time you posted does make a difference. I say that hardly justifies a demand for the guild to be reshaped. Its not fair to all the people who preordered the game and are in the guild to try to force some sort of shake down a month in. This isn't a typical mmo with a subscription and shouldn't be run with the mentality of "If you aren't online every day, you aren't a contributing member and should be kicked." Now I think people who aren't representing the guild, ever, should be kicked but not people with low activity this close to launch. That's just silly. I'm also not really certain what needs more officers and leaders. If you see the possible breakdowns of responsibilities there's almost nothing to be done as far as running a guild goes and there probably shouldn't be a large group of people with the ability to add others because with the officers we have we got to 500 in LF in a matter of days and a few hundred in HIMYM in about the same time. Also, the pop cap of guilds in GW2 is 500 so what would adding more officers just to add 6 more people get you?

What i'm saying is. I feel like what you are demanding doesn't line up with what you really want. Which is to have your friend in the guild with you. Second, has your friend posted in the guild thread to become a member?

#8 Edited by shinboy630 (1130 posts) -

@jesterroyal said:

@MonkeyPckl said:

@WinterSnowblind: said:

People can't play 24/7 and you posted this while it was the middle of the night for the US and very early morning for Europe, on a week day.. There's obviously not going to be a lot of people playing at that time, especially with Torchlight and Borderlands just being released. There tends to be a lot of people on when I'm around, but now we're about a month from release, I'm sure we'll see a substantial drop off and we should have a better idea of who's in it for the long haul. The roster can be reshuffled when it needs to be. Is there any guild duties that desperately need attended to?

Yes, it is true that i posted this in the middle of the night but that doesn't change the fact that we only have a hand full of people running a guild of almost 500 people. I've played a lot these past few weeks and yes people are always on but like i said earlier...they are mostly made of people who are new members with no real say in what happens in the guild. The fact that most people are playing other games justifies the fact that we need real ranks in this guild. Im mainly bringing all this up because ive been trying to get one of my friends into the guild. Whether its a roster full of people not playing, accounts that arent even active, or no one who has the power to add him its been impossible for him to join. We've actually been trying for a few days now but its just not happening.

Ah, I see the real heart of the matter. And in fairness. The time you posted does make a difference. I say that hardly justifies a demand for the guild to be reshaped. Its not fair to all the people who preordered the game and are in the guild to try to force some sort of shake down a month in. This isn't a typical mmo with a subscription and shouldn't be run with the mentality of "If you aren't online every day, you aren't a contributing member and should be kicked." Now I think people who aren't representing the guild, ever, should be kicked but not people with low activity this close to launch. That's just silly. I'm also not really certain what needs more officers and leaders. If you see the possible breakdowns of responsibilities there's almost nothing to be done as far as running a guild goes and there probably shouldn't be a large group of people with the ability to add others because with the officers we have we got to 500 in LF in a matter of days and a few hundred in HIMYM in about the same time. Also, the pop cap of guilds in GW2 is 500 so what would adding more officers just to add 6 more people get you?

What i'm saying is. I feel like what you are demanding doesn't line up with what you really want. Which is to have your friend in the guild with you. Second, has your friend posted in the guild thread to become a member?

Well said. I know that you want to get your friend into the guild, but if you take a look at the official guild thread here on the forums you will see there are still a bunch of people who are active on Giant Bomb and who took the time to post their information. These are the people we are going to try to get into the guild first. Also, I am an officer in the guild (technically the "Head Dungeoneer" but I have the same permissions as the officers) and as of me writing this I have played 227 hours. Clearly I am never online.

#9 Edited by Thurbleton (118 posts) -

@MonkeyPckl: You have a valid point the issue is we want to solve it the best way. Right now to the best of my knowledge theres no set tool to see...

'last time online' or

'active hours this past 7 or 30 days' or even

'hours representing guild in relation to active hours this past 7 or 30 days'

Just random kicking would be a bad move and we don't want to be hate'n on fellow bombers. It is an issue that is being actively discussed and attempted to fix.

#10 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3122 posts) -

We will eventually be implementing some sort of rule about inactivity-based kicking, but know that (as has been stated) because Guild Wars 2 as a game isn't structured to demand your time 24/7, and we as a guild don't want to demand your time 24/7, it won't be a very strict time limit. Lincoln Force is a welcoming community built around Giant Bomb first and foremost, and that's not going to change in the near future.

#11 Posted by MonkeyPckl (9 posts) -

Alright guys, thanks for the insight. I guess its a result of me playing the game a little hardcore. It was a little unrealistic of me to think people have such a open schedule like i do. I don't have any problem with the leaders in the guild. The conversations I've had with them or had listen to on the podcast were great and enjoyable. Don't get me wrong i love this guild and community. Maybe i should actively participate on the mumble server. Might be more productive then venting on the forums. Fight on fellow bombers!

#12 Posted by Thurbleton (118 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Spam is right, we'd be moving non-active people to our overflow guild and the active to Lincoln Force so we're all in the same conversation. Banning was the wrong term and I fixed it to kick/move. Sorry about that

#13 Posted by TTMSHU (26 posts) -

Expect a resolution to the issue by this Saturday 29th of Sepember. We'll be posting the minutes/resolutions of the officers meeting then.

-Communism

#14 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I also would like a friend who just got the game to be in the guild, but...DAT LIST

#15 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

The biggest problem with Guild reorganization at the moment is mainly the lack of a last online tab. Well that and the fact that half the Guild doesn't show up properly. While we'd like to start purging the ranks, we have no proper or efficient way of seeing inactivity at the moment.

#16 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I'm in the secondary guild and it's almost always as quiet as a tomb.

#17 Posted by TTMSHU (26 posts) -

I hear you Barrock, and we'll get all the guys in your situation into the main guild really soon. It is a totally different game with an active guild to play with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.